New England guys need to hunker down

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
I just heard on the news that there's a big storm coming. 1 to 2 feet of snow in Boston. Were on the fringe of it, (buffalo area). they're having all types of warnings starting on Friday around 1 am. To bad I don't ski.

We have been getting snow since the first of the year plus sub zero weather for the first 20 or so days of Jan. Yesterday was the first day in over 20 days we didn't have snow during the day, but last night we got a nice fluffy coating of 8-10" of snow. This is the most snow that has fallen since I moved back to Michigan in '94 and I kinda like it. Yeah, call me weird!:biglaugh:

Yeah Tim, 2-3 feet will make teh loacal Skiiers smile.
If you were here in for the Blizzard of '77 you remember had bad that was (almost 7 1/2 feet of Snow in about a month).
Now that was a lot of Snow.

Here's a Slideshow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-gRb_MuUgg
And more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_of_1977
Lake Erie froze over by December 14; this was a record. An ice-covered Lake Erie usually puts an end to lake effect snowstorms, because the wind cannot pick up moisture from the lake's surface, convert the moisture to snow and then dump it when the winds reach shore.
The wintry weather continued in January, with the monthly average temperature being 13.8 ?F (−10.1 ?C), the coldest on record (records began in 1870 in Buffalo). January's average temperature was 10 ?F (6 ?C) below normal. It never rose to freezing in Buffalo that month, the first January that had occurred.
Prior to January 28, the day the blizzard started, it had snowed almost every day since just after Christmas. By January 27, Buffalo's snow depth was 59.1 in (150 cm). There was continuous snow cover from November 29 until the day of the blizzard, and 151.3 in (384 cm) of snow had fallen that winter prior to the blizzard – 59.1 in (150 cm) in January alone – well above normal even for a city that averages about 100 in (250 cm) of snowfall per year. This resulted in a snow depth of 33 in (84 cm) on the day the blizzard started.

Dammit, I am supposed to head across the state early Sat morning to pick up a shitload of MX parts. Looks like the area I'm heading is supposed to get hit with some of this snow :bang head:

Don't have anywhere to go except snowmobiling this weekend! Finally get some use out of that $3500 weight in the back of my truck.

:biglaugh: I dig this shit, love driving in it !!! I'm headed to work at 430am , home at 330 pm (or:clapping: so) Then I'll snow blow the drive way for the first time with a few beers friday night................then again after my saterday moring ride for coffees.

Hey, Patrick, kyle, Dave, and the rest of you southern boys, when was the last time you got to play in a foot of snow.......................Bet y'all jealous

lol you guys can keep that crap:rofl_200: i lived in northern maine most of my life. snow is ok for xmas.....gets old after that.:biglaugh: snowmobiling is fun if you can afford it i reakon but yer allways at the mercy of the weather. iworked many years at a factory on the 11-7 shift. wasnt un common in winter to be there till 9 or 10 gettin everyone dug outta the snow so they could drive home:rofl_200:. gotta be a heardy soul to live up there. i was too. now imma sothern fried pussy:biglaugh:

:biglaugh: I dig this shit, love driving in it !!! I'm headed to work at 430am , home at 330 pm (or:clapping: so) Then I'll snow blow the drive way for the first time with a few beers friday night................then again after my saterday moring ride for coffees.

Hey, Patrick, kyle, Dave, and the rest of you southern boys, when was the last time you got to play in a foot of snow.......................Bet y'all jealous

Kyle can't talk right now. He's on his way to the drags:thumbs up:

Heh I rode my Vmax to work today, perfect day with a high of 76. Heading out in 5 min for a nice ride around town after work, you northern guys can keep your snow :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Must be nice Tex85, I saw my Vmax today... but that was only because I was putting gas in the snowblower. I may be Canadian but I would take the warmer weather anyday. C'mon summer.

i'm in florida. but i'll be honest i'd rather be home to run the gen if the power kicks and make sure no frozen pipes n shit. but also good my 16 month old and wife aren't there. double sided sword i think they call these hah

When I grew-up in Rochester NY a mild winter was one we didn't get 10 ft. of snow. I learned how to drive in that crap and don't miss kicking-off the frozen ice 'fender-boogers' to be able to steer the car again. We had a two-stage Toro snow-blower that must-have weighed 500 lb. I got to use that every night, and some mornings too to get my Dad out of the garage & on his way to work. I recall just-about the time I got done w/the double-wide driveway which was about a 15 degree grade, "here-comes the village snow-plow!" depositing a nice foot & 1/2 berm of road snow & ice at the bottom of the driveway.

Now I work on a college campus, and it's much-nicer to see the half of the student body wearing shorts and sandals in Feb. instead of ten lbs. of clothing making them look like Madame Bibendum, and not having any-idea what's under all that snowsuit.

images
images

Nothing here yet. Kids are pretty disappointed. Hoping for no school.They say It's still coming, It's just a little behind their prediction. Now everyone can get to work and school, then get blasted.

Strange enough, it looks like the Cape to Boston is in for it. It's already started. Nothing like a nor 'ester with a blizzard attached. Florida, La, or TX sound good to me. I'd rather be riding.
Steve-o

Last edited:
Heh I rode my Vmax to work today, perfect day with a high of 76. Heading out in 5 min for a nice ride around town after work, you northern guys can keep your snow :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

...AND WE SHALL!! Don't want to waste any of it on people that don't appreciate it!!

Back