New Englanders

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in, I hope a lot of Vmaxes come. I'll have the good camera with me. Last time I took it the Vmax pics got published. I like Mike's idea of everyone parking together if possible. That might require a venders spot for $25. We all parked together when it was a VMOA event a few years ago, it was great. This event is huge and it's possible to not see everyone you want to if we're scattered all over.
I was just looking at the slide show from last year, and on the first pic there is Rick Desesare on the far left, my recently departed friend and riding Buddy. Rice-o-Rama was Ricks last ride before sickness took him on his last ride. Rick was a great enthusiast and Japanese bike restorer. He'd polish a motor on a restoral till he got the satin factory finish perfect. He had a blast last year and couldn't wait to ride there. His wife told me at the memorial service that Rice-o-Rama was the highlight of the summer for him. I'm glad he came. I have a feeling he'll be there with us on this ride, in spirit and in memory for sure. RIP Rick.
If you've been meaning to get on the road with an old or new riding buddy, don't put it off. You never know.
Steve-o

Last edited:
As far as counting just Vmax's......myself & Rick.....and I believe our new friend from Vernon, CT, V-Four.........

I'm definately in hell or high water. I'm gonna pm v-four and diveRSQ about meeting somewhere in Ct then crankin' up to Mass.... Be nice to meet everyone.

Good news and bad news...the good news is I'll be there...the bad news is my V Max wont...:bang head: Spent the bettah paht of a week trying to get it going but to no avail...:damn angry: I'm thinking stuck floats as gas comes pouring out when I start it up...from the carbs and one of the breather hoses up top...:real mad: I'll continue my assault on it but I'm not feeling the love...:confused2:

Worst case scenario is I show up on the Harley...:th_scared:Before you throw rocks and hurl insults look for the license plate...OLTMR...THEN you can throw rocks...

Parking is in a big field at Singletary so meeting up will be possible if a couple of youz guyz get there early and stake out a section to meet up in , maybe put a sign up or just have your bikes out in the open for all to see and park next to .:attention:

See ya there...

Of-course the vmaxforum guys would like to hang together, but even if you show-up on a H-D, I don't think anyone is going to raise that as an issue among us, other than as good-natired ribbing. I think if it was the 'other-way-'round,' things may not be as-charitable. Some people want to spoil anyone's fun who doesn't 'do-as-I-do.' That's plain wrong, but that's how some want it. Avoid 'em.

Have safe transit to-and-from the meet, take plenty of pics, and don't forget to post 'em up, and show the VMax perspective to all who challenge our time 'on the road!' :rofl_200:

Of-course the vmaxforum guys would like to hang together, but even if you show-up on a H-D, I don't think anyone is going to raise that as an issue among us, other than as good-natired ribbing. I think if it was the 'other-way-'round,' things may not be as-charitable. Some people want to spoil anyone's fun who doesn't 'do-as-I-do.' That's plain wrong, but that's how some want it. Avoid 'em.

Have safe transit to-and-from the meet, take plenty of pics, and don't forget to post 'em up, and show the VMax perspective to all who challenge our time 'on the road!' :rofl_200:

...for most it's just kiddin around.........I personally love all bikes.....I draw the line at step-thrus though....:eusa_dance:

So how was the run? My starter clutch was acting up so couldn't make it. It's getting overhauldEd be Paul at madmax.com this week along with doing my carbs. Can't wait to get it back. But anyway how bout the run. Any photos?

So how was the run? My starter clutch was acting up so couldn't make it. It's getting overhauldEd be Paul at madmax.com this week along with doing my carbs. Can't wait to get it back. But anyway how bout the run. Any photos?
Haven't done it yet.

2012-09-16_11-42-34_720.jpg

2012-09-16_12-05-16_247.jpg

2012-09-16_12-05-24_796.jpg

2012-09-16_12-24-29_897.jpg

2012-09-16_12-05-07_773.jpg

2012-09-16_08-51-12_870.jpg

I took a solo ride today, covered over 200 miles into northwest mass,southwest vermont and eastern NY.some very nice New England rds and views.

Aw snap.. ya shoulda told me..i just cruised around ct all by myself..figgerd it was too short notice to get a ride goin.
maybe next weeekend..?..?...

Aw snap.. ya shoulda told me..i just cruised around ct all by myself..figgerd it was too short notice to get a ride goin.
maybe next weeekend..?..?...
I told you man, any time you want to ride let me know. But this was a mental heath ride and I needed to do it alone.Mike and I may be doing some exploring next week,I'll let you know.

I told you man, any time you want to ride let me know. But this was a mental heath ride and I needed to do it alone.Mike and I may be doing some exploring next week,I'll let you know.
Cool.
Yeah, I hear ya on the mental health rides...I don't know of a better way to clear your head.

T$

At this point Sunday looks better for me.....should work around house on Sat.....and Pats don't play until 8:20 Sun nite...........Stop over Friday night for a brew and we'll discuss it. Got a nice fresh keg of Sam's flowin :punk:

PS. Sorry for contributing to the thread hijack............

PS. Sorry for contributing to the thread hijack............

;)

I don't even remember what the thread was about...suttin bout new england..:ummm:

Either way, it's a place I always come to when I'm seein who's goin where around my (our) neck of the woods.

Anyone else gonna be around sunday? I'm in.
What time and where are you guys thinkin?

T$

Back