new grips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered a set myself today. I was told by the clerk the difference from the D3's are that the D3's ar american made and the alternates for 20 bucks are made in China. Cost of labor and such.

I got the CHINA sourced ones off Fleabay and the effing things shredded while trying to push on the first grip. Yes, I'm admittedly a hack mechanic but I've been a bike rider and motorcyclist for 20 some years now and I've swapped out grips countless times. The bar end "plug" on the china grips are actually faux plugs, and simply glommed on the end of the too soft rubber grip itself. The act of pushing the grip on and trying to see if the thing was bottomed out on the end of my bars riped the plug right off the grip, with almost no effort. I'm a 170lb guy not a hulk. Very dissappointing despite the cheap price. Well, cheap and wrong is always disappointing. BUYER BEWARE

I LOVE my D3's. Padding where you need it and the cool look where you don't! lol

I use a throttlemeister bar end and a CRG mirror on the other side...

There is an update to this. I was cruising my local bike shop today and found the ones on E-Bay being sold under the 'Bike Master' name for $20. The finish doesn't look as good as the D-3 ones, otherwise they are identical (except for the end caps and D-3 name on the collar). If the collars on the knock offs are painted instead of anodized I would imagine that the paint would wear through pretty quickly.

If it's a bike master then I can get them too. I suspect they are knock offs though and not as good a quality.

Sean

Back