**New Kosman 18" Weldup Wheel**

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
keep waiting and trying? never dealt with them i know m-cman did

They recently changed from a bolted together two-part wheel (like I have) to a weld-up wheel. I guess it hasn't been to their liking and they are trying to figure out what to do about it.... My two-part wheel is great except it is heavy. Quality is excellent.

Anything new on Kosman wheels? Anyone know if they sorted things out or gave up on Vmax wheels?

Dale #2592

I talked to them not too long ago, he said he could no longer get the wheel that he had been working with, he said it would be a 17" X 6" rather than the 17" X 5.5". He did say they would still be able to do the wheel for the Vmax. I figured the wider wheel might have an affect on what size tire would fit as compared to the 5.5" wide wheel, so I sent them an email asking that question, that was a little over a month ago and have had no reply to the tire width question.

Thks, I would think that the offset would increase a bit with a 6" width.

Dale #2592

Yea, I would think so too. I wish I had thought about asking while I had him on the phone. It took 6 or 7 calls before I actually got a call back, so I didn't bother to keep calling since I didn't get a response to the email I sent asking about the width of the wheel. I ended up putting an YZF600R Thundercat wheel up front, and have a COO wheel for the rear on it's way. The wheel styles will match each other and won't be as heavy as the other wheels that match the style of the factory Vmax wheels. I have the front wheel mounted and like the looks, except for the space between the tire and the front fender, but that's no biggie to me.

the 6" wide wheel will fit but way offset to the right. If you try and use it on an extended swingarm it will eat the fender on the right side.

Sean

the 6" wide wheel will fit but way offset to the right. If you try and use it on an extended swingarm it will eat the fender on the right side.

Sean

Sean,

I would guess that you've just about tried them all :eusa_dance:

Can you still get the 18" 5.5 wheel similar to the UFO or Sportmax wheel?

Dale #2592

Yes,

It's an RC wheel so heavy but it does work and look similar to stock. Most of the weight is in the hub so not out at the lips where it would really make the most problem.

Sean

Latest posts

Back