New Member in Paris

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum, your motorcycle is well cared-for. A good-looking example of a Gen. I.

yes and Hyperpro Progressif spring in the fork. That's for the shocks. For the brake, I put the one from MT07. Change the life!

I'm now looking to replace the ignition coils with COPS, but I don't dare do it. I bought some (COPS) on eBay, with the resistance, I think it's simple for the rear, but for the front, it seems to be a real pain!

I'm now looking to replace the ignition coils with COPS, but I don't dare do it. I bought some (COPS) on eBay, with the resistance, I think it's simple for the rear, but for the front, it seems to be a real pain!
Just leave the front OEM coils where they are.

Reactions: prn
difficult to get the plug in the front cylinder
Difficult to reach the electrical plug for the front cylinders? Be sure to see the OEM right front ignition coil powers the left front spark plug and vice-versa (left front OEM ignition coil powers the right front spark plug).

Reaching the electrical connectors to plug in the COP's has not proven to be difficult for me, as long as the leads are of sufficient length.

People making the mistake of disassembling the coils behind the steering head and then re-wiring them incorrectly, is similar to installing a V8 distributor 180 degrees out of specification, and then thinking the 'engine has problems.' It won't if you remove it, and rotate it 180 degrees to its proper orientation, and drop it back in.

I had a Ford van w/a Windsor 351 cu. inch engine, and my friend who was a mechanic and machinist helped me to rebuild it. We used a different firing order replacement camshaft. I engraved the 'new' firing order into the engine compartment in a conspicuous place to alert the next owner.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back