New Member!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs_Max

Reaction score
Hey ya'll!! I'm the new girl here!! I am finally a very proud owner of a VMax. As of Sunday, I have a 1997, silver with 4k miles on it. Showroom condition!! I'll be lookin' to you people for ideas & help w/some mods.

:punk:Casey

Hey M/M, welcome to the forum....you've come to the right place!

Great choice of models, one of my favorite ones....does it have the OEM black pipes?

It certainly does!! I couldn't believe what I was looking at when I went to pick it up about 3.5 hours away. Has a beautiful Corbin seat on it. The only thing I don't like is the back rest. If I take it off, I need the handle that originally came on it to put back on & I don't have that. *sigh*

It certainly does!! I couldn't believe what I was looking at when I went to pick it up about 3.5 hours away. Has a beautiful Corbin seat on it. The only thing I don't like is the back rest. If I take it off, I need the handle that originally came on it to put back on & I don't have that. *sigh*

Those backrests are worth some coin they're kinda hard to find. Grab rails are easier to locate and less money so you should come out ahead.

Post a pic, or several, of your '97....we like pics....s'pecially with the end of riding season looking some of us in the eye-ball....like me for example! :rofl_200:

Where's Guntown?

where can i get the grab handle? i'll be more than glad to sell that back rest. i just don't like it. ha.

i'll get some good pics after i clean MAXINE (lol) up & post them.

Guntown is near Tupelo, Mississippi. Where are you??

Welcome to the site!..........Nice choice, of course I'm partial to the silver 97's myself.............Yep........Post up some pics of your clean machine!....................Tom.

Welcome to the forum!!! Grab rails come up on ebay pretty regularly. Also congrats on getting the best year Vmax!!!!! 97's are the fastest as everyone knows:eusa_dance:

Thanks, guys!!! I am definitely IN LOVE!! It's definitely no joke. I'll clean it & get some pics on here ASAP. I'm going to begin my search for a grab rail. If you guys happen to see one (black or chrome) PLEASE let me know. Please & Thank you!!

Guntown and a Vmax! SpecOps is going crazy about now!
Welcome to the only website you will need but start thinking about a second job now because modifying our Maxes is a full time, bank account draining proposition. I got black grabrails to match your bike. Email me for a price. Also can set you up with a Maxgasser seat trial for free but I'm getting ahead of myself! Good bunch of guys here. Welcome.
PATMAX
[email protected]

Welcome to the addiction . I would suggest keeping the back rest for a while and just pick up the grab rail when you see one for sale. You can always sell it later. They are great for 2-up riding , just in case .

P.S. The '97 s are very quick , but the '98s can really fly. :rofl_200:

ilmao @ the SpecOps. you're probably right!!

I'm going to hang on to the backrest for the 2 up riding ONLY. Heh. My husband THINKS he'll be riding me around on it at some point. :rofl_200:

Welcome to the forum!!! Grab rails come up on ebay pretty regularly. Also congrats on getting the best year Vmax!!!!! 97's are the fastest as everyone knows:eusa_dance:

Welcome to the addiction . I would suggest keeping the back rest for a while and just pick up the grab rail when you see one for sale. You can always sell it later. They are great for 2-up riding , just in case .

P.S. The '97 s are very quick , but the '98s can really fly. :rofl_200:

OK, let's resolve this once and for all!! ALL the V Max's produced in the 90's were lightning fast....way faster than any of the other years....but you guys know, as well as I do, that the later in the 90's you go, the faster the V Max's get!!

Sooooo....It only stands to reason that the '99 V Max is the fastest one of all time!!

Thank you, thank you.....thank you very much!! :punk:

Absolutely....hang onto the sissybar and check around for a grab rail!

HA! While I agree the 90's produced the fasted Max's, I still think the technology peaked in 97 and the last 2 years were just a fraction slower. IMHO:rofl_200::rofl_200:

I really can't claim Toxic is a 97 any longer, although it did start life that year. Now it is so confused it doesn't know what make, model, or year of bike she is.....

HA! While I agree the 90's produced the fasted Max's, I still think the technology peaked in 97 and the last 2 years were just a fraction slower. IMHO:rofl_200::rofl_200:

I really can't claim Toxic is a 97 any longer, although it did start life that year. Now it is so confused it doesn't know what make, model, or year of bike she is.....

Haha....poor Toxic, all confused, identity lost somewhere in all that high tech circuity and PCW machining....but a quick snap of the throttle clears those issues right up!! :punk:

Maybe if you left her alone for fifteen minutes she might remember . :rofl_200:

Here's one listed in good 'ol fleaBay: Yamaha Vmax Grab Bar
Dang, really? a grab for $200? 93 Yamaha V-MA VMAX rear grab rail bar complet...

Watch out for the Monkey. Hope you're not offended by testosterone-based buffoonery
whistlin.gif
:rofl_200:

30tndyo.gif

Welcome!! You will not find a friendlier room on the NET. I have not been anything but welcomed since joining. Keep the rail. I have both and for 2 up riding my son much more prefers the backrest. He says it keeps him on the bike better.

THANK YOU PEOPLE SO MUCH FOR MAKING ME FEEL WELCOME HERE!!!

Y'all are cracking me up!! I feel like the '97 is DEFINITELY the fastest!!! ; )

MAXINE is all original except for the seat & I'm having a hard time deciding if I even want to change her any .... I thought about totally blacking her out & have the seat re-done w/HOT PINK (hell yes I said it) stitching. This not only will look super HOT but will keep my husband's arse off of her. hehehe.

P.S. he deserves this ... since he put a taller rear tire on his new ninja so now I can't touch the ground to ride it. grrrrr!!!!

Make sure to show him your tail light between stop lights to remind him who is still king "in your case queen" of the boulavard!..........................:biglaugh:........................Tom.

Back