New Skin for an old Dodge....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Wrapped my Dakota in yellow with a flat black hood. I have the same wheels and I am powder coating them high gloss black and will put those on for some pictures and then put these wheels back on for winter. New black headlights and a roll pan are coming next. Gotta clean up the wire mess in back for the hitch as well. Then heads, cam, intake and maybe a 150 hp shot of juice on it. Or I might build a 408 stroker motor over the winter. Either way I am shooting for around 400-450 hp at the wheels if I decide to really take the plunge and build it. I would just like a solid 12 second shop truck:biglaugh:

Couple of quick cell phone pictures.

Before

After

I think I need to do something like this to my shop truck - it's a lowered 1998 S-10. but it is a little crusty and I dont want to fix the rust...

Truck looks cool....for a Dodge. Lol

Looks great!

You'll love the stroker motor :punk: But it will love the gas even more. I get about 8-10 around town and 16-18 on the highway.

On my '83, I used a kit from Campbell, An edelbrock cam, Headman headers with dual cats and mufflers that exit on the sides of the truck, and topped it with an Edelbrock 790 carb and a plate system for the squeeze.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN1vr2pF8mg

Looks nice, but if it were mine, I'd lose the "Altezza taillights" and get this hood instead....of course a built Magnum 360, 6 speed transmission, and maybe a custom stepside bed with twin exhaust stacks to give it a "retro" Lil Express Truck and really make it stand out.....

dodge-adventurer-150-lil-red-express-truck-01.jpg

573-GHD-20447k.jpg

I wanted to go with this hood, but at $1200+ for the setup, not gonna happen.

The tail lights I traded my stock ones for these. Not really what I would have bought, but free, they looked better than stock.

2lh-dak97g-abm-a.jpg

Maybe these headlights.

Or these with the LED's.

hd-op-ddak97-1pc-sm-hid-on-6k9007-dc-slim.jpg

This hood is around $500. Which is more than I would want to spend, but it looks decent.

108236_2.jpg

Looks nice, but if it were mine, I'd lose the "Altezza taillights" and get this hood instead....of course a built Magnum 360, 6 speed transmission, and maybe a custom stepside bed with twin exhaust stacks to give it a "retro" Lil Express Truck and really make it stand out.....

dodge-adventurer-150-lil-red-express-truck-01.jpg

Wow!!!! That was my first car!! A 1978 dodge d100 stepside. Course mine was a straight 6 with 3 on the tree....

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

3 on the tree......man they were interesting to shift to say the least...I think for me the worst kind was shifting gears on a '73 Ford F-150 pick-up with a 4 speed and a granny first gear, which was basically a regular three speed with a very low first gear....I hated driving that thing until my dad told me not to use first gear.

Looks good Todd. Let us know when you take it to the track and maybe we can ride out and meet you. My dad had a late 70s power wagon and always thought it would have been a cool truck to fix up but it's long gone now.

I took it out once this year. Ran 14.76 with it. All stock so far ( save for headers into single exhaust ). It spun badly and hopped like crazy. I am pretty darn sure that I could run a 14.00 with it if I had some traction and it didnt hop. I think I am going to build some type of link setup for the rear so I can hammer on it at the track and it wont hop.

I ll take it to the track for sure next year. I might have some mods done to it by then.

Todd

Shit! I'm going to Dip my racecar! Thanks for that link, i spent the night watching his videos.

I talked with Nick Einatsch about plasti-dip at the Dallas MC show. I'll probably end up doing more parts before my bikes are running.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I talked with Nick Einatsch about plasti-dip at the Dallas MC show. I'll probably end up doing more parts before my bikes are running.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Back in 1993, me and a couple of buddies rode out to Willow Springs to see Nick Ienatsch race his lone TZ250 against a bunch of FZR1000s and GSXR1100s; the 1000s and 1100s would catch him on the straights, but the 250 would lose those big bore bikes on the curves.....

Last edited:
Back