New tyre info heel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundguy

Reaction score
:punk: hello all,
I'm getting some funky handling, instability at higher speeds, my front tyre seems to have taken a pounding from the run to Burt Munroe, about 4000ks. Hard roads in the South Island, built on mountains with quartz in the mix.
The bt30 has taken a flattened triangle shape. With some scalloping on the edges.
Maybe I ran the pressure to low, was at 32. Now 36.
Since I changed the rear rim, I am now running me880 180/55/18 on rear ( very nice) and bt30 110/80/18 on front.
The change to the radial lowered the bike 20mm. Steering is quick but higher is nervous.
Should I put a new z6 tyre, 110/80/18 ...........or z8 120/70/18.?
Anyone tried?:bang head:
Can the 120 fit ok to the stock rim.? Worth it?
Thx

Side shot
The front forks were internally reduced by 20mm, but the radial dropped another 20mm....:ummm:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 23
do not put a 120 radial on a stock rim, it squeezes it way too much, i tried with a shinko verge and would not recommend it at all.

do not put a 120 radial on a stock rim, it squeezes it way too much, i tried with a shinko verge and would not recommend it at all.

I did the same with a z6 and it was also a bad idea. I would stick with a 110 if I were you. You will get a better contact patch this way.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

this is why...

2010-10-28+16.34.08.jpg

Back