New Vmax brother near by

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

44 magnum

Reaction score
I was driving home from work last night and was stopped by a traffic light. I saw a guy on the sidewalk appearing to be checking out the bike. Traffic was tight enough that I was just creeping along and he yelled out, ?What year??? I motioned to him but I could tell I wasn?t understood so I thought, what the heck and decided to stop and chat.

Turns out he lives just minutes away from me and has an ?89! We were both pretty stoked and talked for about 25 minutes. He bought his in ?90 and has only had it worked on once. He's a pilot (laid-off right now) and doesn't sound like he does much mechanical stuff. So I briefly showed him the COP and vacuum mods, told him he was going to have to come over so I could sync up the carbs for him and start looking things over.

:biglaugh:
-

What are the COP and vacuum mods? great story. Theres only one guy in my town with a Vmax but he must only ride it once a year cause i dont harldy ever see him to stop and talk.

What are the COP and vacuum mods? great story. Theres only one guy in my town with a Vmax but he must only ride it once a year cause i dont harldy ever see him to stop and talk.

Weird! I don't live in MO...

:rofl_200:

Last edited:
I was driving home from work last night and was stopped by a traffic light. I saw a guy on the sidewalk appearing to be checking out the bike. Traffic was tight enough that I was just creeping along and he yelled out, ?What year??? I motioned to him but I could tell I wasn?t understood so I thought, what the heck and decided to stop and chat.

Turns out he lives just minutes away from me and has an ?89! We were both pretty stoked and talked for about 25 minutes. He bought his in ?90 and has only had it worked on once. He's a pilot (laid-off right now) and doesn't sound like he does much mechanical stuff. So I briefly showed him the COP and vacuum mods, told him he was going to have to come over so I could sync up the carbs for him and start looking things over.

:biglaugh:
-

To cool, reminds me of when I met Sam.. He's one street over, I was going home from the store when I recognized the pipes and tire from under his cover. Pulled over to his house and chatted a bit. Then a month later the lead singer of th band I was in has a '05. Then I went to work for the animal shelter, met two wives who's husbands ride Vmaxes. umm Vmaxii :?

Ended up great friends and even working on Sam's ride and currently setting things up with Gabe ('05 owner) . Ya never know when a Max will pop up :clapping:

Attachments

• Maxes.jpg
    Maxes.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 15
  • P1020888.jpg
    P1020888.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 13
Not at all Jon, it's all good Bro. I think you'll be pleased with both of these mods should you decide to do them.

-

Back