New VMax stats?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Saw this posted on one of the Yahoo lists:

Word on the street is: 153 RWHP and 91 ft lbs torque, redline @9000 rpm. Price $13750.
Four performance upgrades or enhancements, kinda like the Warrior. 24 mos unlimited mile warranty, even with upgrades if dealer installed. Warranty will be void if Yamaha or Dealer believes misuse or abuse was the reason for warranty claim. Release in October, but deposits with dealer accepted after August 31. Performance upgrades not available on Calif bikes or allowed into Calif. Dealer will be allowed a 10% over MSRP price due to anticipated demand in certain areas.

I hope those stats aren't right! Those numbers seem low for the HP and high for the $. Not a good mix! For a $11k, I could get an 07 litre sportbike, with more HP.:sad2: Let's hope Yamaha has lowballed the numbers. I wonder if it will at least have a 6 speed tranny in it?

I hope those stats aren't right! Those numbers seem low for the HP and high for the $. Not a good mix! For a $11k, I could get an 07 litre sportbike, with more HP.:sad2: Let's hope Yamaha has lowballed the numbers. I wonder if it will at least have a 6 speed tranny in it?
I smell the feds at work, here. Why else would a seemingly watered down VMax like this hit the street?

The $13k doesn't sound so bad, considering the sticker on the current 'new' VMax.

I'd love to know more about the upgrades that will be available. Thanks for the info.

Those numbers doen't seem to bad considering thats Rear Wheel HP. Still it would be nice to see Yamaha set the bar high. I'm awaiting some hard numbers and an official press release from Yamaha. :popcom00:

I still feel that unless they make a serious effort to reclaim the quarter mile they are going to turn the Vmax into "just another bike" and ruin the mystique.

They're trying to make the base model affordable. It's an expensive task hopping up a v-4 engine.

That have 4 stages you can choose from....that's what is exciting to me. Too bad it voids the warranty if you do it yourself.

Mark

They're trying to make the base model affordable. It's an expensive task hopping up a v-4 engine.

That have 4 stages you can choose from....that's what is exciting to me. Too bad it voids the warranty if you do it yourself.

Mark

Well with this line - Warranty will be void if Yamaha or Dealer believes misuse or abuse was the reason for warranty claim - I can't believe any warranty will be honored! LOL. :rocket bike:

Those numbers doen't seem to bad considering thats Rear Wheel HP. Still it would be nice to see Yamaha set the bar high. I'm awaiting some hard numbers and an official press release from Yamaha. :popcom00:

153 isn't bad but I wouldn't be surprised if the bike weighs more now too, so that makes the 153 "less impressive" if it accelerates at the same rate as the old VMax.

Curious...very curious.

In the late 60s , muscle car makers would sometimes advertise lower HP figures in an effort to take heat of the premium performance machines. Hemi Cudas were like that. 425hp at 4500rpm.....but no one said that you ad a set of headers and the torque peak moved up, and the hp was now 600 at 6000rpm (or words to that effect). That could be where the upgrade kit comes in.
Now about that hp figure....wouldn't 153 equate to about163 with a chain drive and possibly 170 with a shaft drive providing the losses? With the weight below a Busa or BKing that might actually work.... superior launch characteristics still put a max ahead of most other bikes in the first 100 feet even with all the weight and 117RWHP. So....

Well, I'm with others, till I see the official press release from Yamaha, it's just more internet bunk.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if yamy did rush this to market this year since the Bking became official.

What I do know is that my local zuki dealer is a friend, and has already promiced me a crack at the Bking as soon as it arrives. If the new Max comes out in October for real, this could be a hell of a Xmas.:eusa_dance:

hello all : i was wodering what the factory upgrades were ? does anybody know what these might be ? internal engine modifacations, or just external bolt-on stuff like exhaust and induction ? the best to you all buckridge

hello all : i was wodering what the factory upgrades were ? does anybody know what these might be ? internal engine modifacations, or just external bolt-on stuff like exhaust and induction ? the best to you all buckridge

I don't know what the upgrades are, but I would imagine they would be bolt on if they are from the dealer.

Word on the street is: 153 RWHP and 91 ft lbs torque, redline @9000 rpm. Price $13750.
Four performance upgrades or enhancements, kinda like the Warrior. 24 mos unlimited mile warranty, even with upgrades if dealer installed. Warranty will be void if Yamaha or Dealer believes misuse or abuse was the reason for warranty claim. Release in October, but deposits with dealer accepted after August 31. Performance upgrades not available on Calif bikes or allowed into Calif. Dealer will be allowed a 10% over MSRP price due to anticipated demand in certain areas.

Buster, did the person who posted this on another list say where the info came from?

Latest posts

Back