NISSIN clutch/brake switch hookup??????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dekberg

Reaction score
Ok...did a long search thru the million threads on brake/clutches without finding the answer I was looking for.

I bought a Nissin Clutch master with the switch. The switch has 3 small hookups(made orig for a connector). Can this somehow be wired to the VMAX clutch wires?

If not, is a banjo switch the way to go with the Nissin brake and clutch setups?:ummm:

I plan to buy a Nissin brake master but here is the problem. I run both brake lines off the master. Do they make a double line banjo switch?:ummm:

Thanks fellow VMAXers,
Cheers,
D

sorry i can't provide a definative answer, but i'm willing to bet that you use the "outside" pins. the middle is a no connect. prolly doesn't matter, which pins the max's black/yellow and blue/yellow go to, but, if there was a gun to my head, i'd put the black/yellow on the "front side" of the pin set and the blue/yello on the rear-most pin.

Just answered one of my own question looking on Ebay. They do make a double switch and they also have one that is the size of a washer that could be used too.

I know there is more ideas tho.......

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 9
Here's the washer switch.

Does it matter how the wires are hooked up....or will they only work one way?

Attachments

• switch2.jpg
    switch2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 12
Here's the washer switch.

Does it matter how the wires are hooked up....or will they only work one way?

You can use the nissin switches. You probably might need to make some adapters cause the vmax wire terminals may be bigger than those in the switch.

I never messed with the particular switch you have but if you have a meter just check for continuity on two wires when the lever is pulled. You need to connect to these two. Doesn't matter which color goes where. If you use a banjo switch it will only have 2 wires and again, it doesn't matter which wire goes where.

Back