No 2008 Vmax!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxinID

Reaction score
I can't find the 2008 vmax anywhere.....................................................................................................................................I dont think yamaha or (star) made one!

It's about time....haven't improved on it in 12 years. Either they make a new one, or they should be done. At least there are still lots of spare parts yet!

Mark

yup, no 2008 Vmax, you better all pray that it means there will be a new one late 08 or early 09

Over on www.starvmax.com there is a forum article with a letter form Yamaha to a dealer about the timing for the release of the new Max.
If I read things correctly it will be a 2009 model.
Hopefully by then I'll have mine paid off and will be able to upgrade.

Star models just don't do it for me.

Maybe my clone would consider one.

I have been thinking Yamaha wants to see what the Suzuki B-King will do before releasing a new Max. With the Max's history, I bet they want to be better than a new competitor just as the original was better than the Kaw Eliminator, V65 Magna, etc. The B-King with the Hayabusa motor will be a formidable competitor! It would be embarrassing to Yamaha if the B-King spanked the new Max. Over 20 years of iconic reputation up in (tire) smoke!

Well this could be good news I guess.
I let my 92 Vmax go just one year ago.
Went to a Buell Lightning..
But I miss that raw power and was thinking of an 08..
But hey if they bring out a new one that has an updated suspension in 09... that could be great..

Latest posts

Back