No fuel?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poolio

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bike running rough. Checked all four drain screws on carbs. One front carb had a very small amount of fuel when the drain was unscrewed. The other had nothing. The two rears flowed freely. What's going on with this thing

Make sure the bike is level, (rear wheel stand etc.) then re-charge the float bowls by cycling the key & on switch until the fuel pump no longer clicks. Now drain & measure the amount of fuel from each carb. Keep us posted as to the outcome.

I did that and fuel came out of the back two in a steady flow. The one in the front by your left leg only a couple drips came out. The right front nothing came out

Do you have a plastic mallet or something safe to tap the carbs with?

Sounds like the fuel system might be contaminated. How does the tank look? It was running decent previously, right? Swap the filter out and cut the old up for inspection.

I did that and fuel came out of the back two in a steady flow. The one in the front by your left leg only a couple drips came out. The right front nothing came out

Have you verified that the drain hose and/or drain valve port for that carb is free & not plugged?

I blew back into the one that had nothing coming out and could hear bubbles so it's clear enough to pass fuel. Pulling the air box today to start checking the lines

Ok so I checked the fuel filter and changed it. It looked ok. Removed the air box and took both of the front fuel lines off the carb. They both sprayed when I turned the key. So the carbs are getting gas. Can I spray air into the fuel inlet on the carb?

Ok so I took the air box off and hit it with a hammer. I also moved the needle and slides. After I did this has started coming out of the front drain lines. Took the bike for a ride today and it's got it's balls back!! Thanks for the help

Ok so I took the air box off and hit it with a hammer. I also moved the needle and slides. After I did this has started coming out of the front drain lines. Took the bike for a ride today and it's got it's balls back!! Thanks for the help
American ingenuity at its best. Grab a bigger hammer.:rofl_200:

Glad to hear it worked out so easily.

Yea, I'm glad it worked out for ya Poolie. My favorite tool, BFH.

Back