No idle, and bog until 3k

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggohead

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my carbs back from Sean last month. Put them on bike ran like a champ.. just had to get insurance and tags again after deployment.. Oh, didn't store bike very well for 11 months. Filled fuel tank up with premium... Now after sitting a week and it will not idle unless the choke is on. it choke is off acts like it is not firing on all cyclinders until rpms hit 3k or above. But when did this it ran like a fast ghost... I am going to miss Rolling Thunder this year and a lot of great rides if I can't get it running good soon, and yea I want to be cheap.....lol, I love you dear..... I am starting to think that even after I drained my fuel tank, changed my fuel filter, it sucks up something that might have plugged a carb up....Not sure but I have been thinking of the Pea Shooter, except I have no air compressor.......I now have the Beatles song stuck in my head..."Help, won't some buddy anybody help"..... :ummm: :bang head:

Sounds like it sucked up some crap from the tank, is there any rust in there... Try draining each carb into a cup or jar. Phillips screw on the right side of each carb controls the flow and the hoses that stick out just under each carb is the drain hose. If you find fine black particles. they probably have that carbs low speed circuits blocked.. Multiple flushings may help. Even running the pump while draining may help with the flushing..
Good Luck....

Along with what Dave instructed, I would try the peashooter and possibly do the shotgun as well. Also run a couple tankfuls of fuel with some seafoam in it, preferably the non ethanol variety. No need to run anything other than 87/89 octane in a Vmax motor.

Back