no spark on rear cylinders

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squats

Reaction score
Hello I am looking for a little advice and direction. I have a 1985 vmax and just recently put it back on the road. I cleaned the carbs(completely disassembled), new fuel fuel filter and spark plugs along with oil change. Started the bike and ran great for about 5 minutes then it sounded like it dropped a cylinder as i revved it the cylinder(s) would pick back up. Now heres the funny part take it out on the road and at exactly 4000 rpms it would kick in and as the bike got warmer it would drop down each time by 500 rpms so after and hour or so it would run on all four at an idle. I tested the coils and the pick ups using the black as the common and not the orange like the service manual says. I am thinkin i got an igniter issue but was wondering if anyone else had the same problem. I should also mention that I have had the carbs off at least four times to check things. I know its the back two cylinders that are failing also. Thanks

Test your pick up coils first. One coil fires front cylinders, other rear.

Back