No vboost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightsmith

Reaction score
I just turned the key on to check out my new guage lights, and silence, no vboost noise.

It did this once before and I accidentally fixed it by cleaning up bad wiring near the battery. This time though, I dont see anything.

Is there a trouble shooting guide anywhere? The wiring guide is a bit lean on information.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks

I just turned the key on to check out my new guage lights, and silence, no vboost noise.

It did this once before and I accidentally fixed it by cleaning up bad wiring near the battery. This time though, I dont see anything.

Is there a trouble shooting guide anywhere? The wiring guide is a bit lean on information.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks

http://vmaxoutlaw.com/main.html

Is it possible that you didnt plug a connector in? Round Plug for V-BOOST, Double check everything you touched while doing your insturment light MOD.

OK so if I am reading the diagram correctly, the red/white wire should energize with the ignition. that should activate the test cycle. Provided the ground is good.

The grey wire looks like the trigger wire. I guess it should get hot when the tach hits 6k

Gotta rememember to bring home my test light tomorrow.

Thanks

OK so if I am reading the diagram correctly, the red/white wire should energize with the ignition. that should activate the test cycle. Provided the ground is good.

The grey wire looks like the trigger wire. I guess it should get hot when the tach hits 6k

Gotta rememember to bring home my test light tomorrow.

Thanks

Ok, was your V-BOOST cycling properly before you did your insturment light mod?

Whats the update on this?

When anyone places a thread asking for help please let us know if the problem has been resolved or it hasnt..

Thanks,
Your technical department.
Asstiant Carb Float Checker Maleko

LOL

I didnt get a chance to check it out today. Had a class after work.

Dont worry I'll let you know hell, the problem is usually getting me to shut up.

ok tonight I checked with my test light

the red and white wire and the gray wire both energize when the ignition is switched on.

still no vboost cycle

checked the instrument wires, nothing is loose

the vboost did work before I put the bulbs in, but it had been out for a while, and started working again after I recrimped a couple wires coming off the coil at the rear right.

I am guessing that there is a bad connection somewhere, and I wiggled something when I was messing with the wires. and I UNwiggled it when I put in the blue lights.

the wiring diagram is not particularly clear

Looks like this weekend is is wire tracing weekend!

Does anyone have a way of testing the controller?

You can test the servo easy enough, the directions are in the service manual i don't know about the controller though, i have an intermittent v boost problem myself and am probably going to take the board out and resolder everything.

OK that was the strangest thing.

I had the rear turn signals unplugged while I was getting my back fender painted and putting on new signals. As soon as I plugged both the turn signals on. the vboost cycled.

I had the key on to tell left and right signal.

I just LOVE playing with electronics.

LOL

OK that was the strangest thing.

I had the rear turn signals unplugged while I was getting my back fender painted and putting on new signals. As soon as I plugged both the turn signals on. the vboost cycled.

I had the key on to tell left and right signal.

I just LOVE playing with electronics.

LOL
Sounds like a bad ground somewhere. I would check all the grounds you can find on the machine. Remove the bolts, screws or nuts that hold them on the frame and clean and re-attach. I like to coat them with Di-electric grease to keep them from oxidizing down the road.

Yeah, thats probably my next step.

Especially since the durn thing DID NOT CYCLE this morning.

ARGHHHH

I'm going to clean up the grounds, then I am going to hotwire and patch around the harness. Hook it up straight.

ah well

Does anyone see any problem with finding a ground somewhere on the frame near the boost box? I would think that I could put a clean ground from the battery, then just grab it wherever I want it.

this thing is driving me bonkers!

I went over every connector I could find, cleaned them and put dielectric grease fresh wires on every ground, except where I just installed a twin wire.

Nothing, Nada, Nil, Niente, No way jose.

I dont really want to buy a controller just to see if thats the problem.\

Other than this, it runs great. but I dont want it to run great, I want the 'HOLY CRAP' factor back!

I dont know where to go next.

So is the problem that the vboost doesn't cycle when you first turn on the power?

Another thing you might want to do is just leave your v-boost open (if you can get it to cycle again. Then just unplug it in the open position. I love the way my bike runs without the vboost.... this isn't solving your problem.... just eliminating a few parts.:biglaugh:

A bump for an old thread. Any new news on this, I've got the same problem. Curious if you found the problem or just left the v-boost open.

Back