No vboost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I still havent come up with a solution.

I redid all the grounds cleaned all the connections did everything I could think of.

Its the strangest thing. Once in a while it will ativate, but most of the time I get nothing.

Does anyone have a vboost controller they are willing to part with?

I am guessing that I may have a flaky box.

Its the strangest thing. Once in a while it will ativate, but most of the time I get nothing.

I get the exact same thing. Have done for months, but it seems to kick in when riding, when it should, but I don't always get the cycling of the servo on key switch. V-Boost always seems to work, so I just left well alone.

Well, I dont think it is working when riding. There is always the possibliity that I am just getting numb to the speed and am an absolute power junkie.

Nah that couldnt be possible.

My controller box on my '85 crapped out a long time ago. I read here about resoldering bad connections to fix it. Well, I fixed it so well
I wound up doing what you're probably gonna have to do.... Search till you find another box. I bought one from a member of the forum, and after having the VBoost nonfunctional for a lot of years, I scared the crap out of myself the first time it kicked in! But, I'm an old fart, and usually fill my pants with something at least once a day, so it might not have been the VBoost.....:punk:

The circuit board on my bikes controller was encapsulated in some sort of epoxy, and was no fun to get apart. I believe Shawn has had some luck repairing them. He was gonna have a look at mine, but I HAD to try to fix it myself.. If you can find someone who is capable of disassembling it and repairing it, maybe that is the way to go. There is also someone advertising on EBay that modifies the sontroller by replacing the board. The mod allows you to set when the boost opens. Maybe this person is still on EBay, and that may be another alternative.

I think I have most of the bits available, but not sure until i look at the donor bike. Get me a picture of the bit you want and I'll see if I can help.

I will try to get into the bike this weekend and get a pic of what I am needing. ummmm I think I know which box it is LOL

I hear you on the speed thing Bill. Its the OH $#@$ factor that I am missing oh so much.

I'll probably eventually go with the whatchamacallit stage 3 setup, but since I am heading to the Keys in a couple of weeks, I dont think I have time or funding to make it happen.

Well, thanks for all the help guys. I am sure I will get this taken care of.

Back