Oh Fuck Ya Baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No 210 HP, 160 torque as we hoped. No 500 pound weight either.

This thing is going to be fast, but I don't know if it will be faster than a Busa/ZX14/B-King...which was what was hoped.

I don't know, I don't know.

I am kinda let down.

Mike

No 210 HP, 160 torque as we hoped. No 500 pound weight either.

This thing is going to be fast, but I don't know if it will be faster than a Busa/ZX14/B-King...which was what was hoped.

I don't know, I don't know.

I am kinda let down.

Mike

I got all excited today but kept a sticky note on my screen (i put it there a month ago).... "Dont buy Vmax until magazine tests....."..... thats it....

But once my hands stop shaking im going to drive over to a dealer and put down a check....no...no i wont.......aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I got all excited today but kept a sticky note on my screen (i put it there a month ago).... "Dont buy Vmax until magazine tests....."..... thats it....

But once my hands stop shaking im going to drive over to a dealer and put down a check....no...no i wont.......aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I want to see the tests. But keep in mind, Yamaha will deliver a ringer to the mags...probably with a fly weight rider along with it.

How many of us are running 10.8s on or stock bikes? None. Exactly. This bike has to go low 9's to be what it was hyped it would. I don't know if those figures will produce that level of acceleration.

Someone needs to run this through a 1/4 mile sim.

Mike

OMG...I think I just messed myself!! :worthy:

I'm looking at the shear technology of the thing that *really* impresses me most of all. Hmmmmm, maybe I'll have to have one this year after-all! I can't stand this, that's an awesome bike...period!

Well done Yamaha!!

Calling my dealer for more info now...

I think it's crap that you have to reserve one... Limited production my ass. It just means those that have will keep on having. I would have gone down and talked to the bank but giving up 1000.00 bucks non refundable is BS.

Like most of you, I have been waiting a long time for this bike. Mixed feelings. There is a lot to like but plenty I could do without. For now I will join the wait and see crowd. $18k is pretty crazy money but today's exchange rate sucks bad.

Like most of you, I have been waiting a long time for this bike. Mixed feelings. There is a lot to like but plenty I could do without. For now I will join the wait and see crowd. $18k is pretty crazy money but today's exchange rate sucks bad.

You have excellent taste in cars and motorcycles, judging from your signature!

Mike

The limited production stuff is a ploy to make you panic and run down and plunk money down on one and to keep the price up.

Supply and Demand!

I'm excited as fuck as I can be about this bike. It's freakin' beautiful in every way at least to me.

Yes, I was hoping for less weight, but then again the weight is "only" 50lbs more than the current Vmax wet weight,

Coupled with the considerable increase in both horsepower and torque we may still have a winner.

Even the Busa and ZX14 are quite heavy for what they are and I don't think it's by "accident", that weight makes them easier to launch and more stable at high speeds, hopefully this is what the Max will be like, although if the post someone made about the bike being limited to 220kmh is true that's gonna really suck; what is that like 136mph? , I know the Max ain't made for top speed but christ if that's true they have scooters that'll go faster than that.:bang head:

For what it is $18k isn't really so bad, look at how many bikes are way more than that, pretty much any Harley and just about any touring bike.....The $18k doesn't bother me as much as the "limited".................Fuck, you can hardly buy a piece of crap car for that much brand new and the $18k car's is gonna plummet in value way faster than the bike I think..

Hopefully this is justa ploy, maybe limited the first few years and then full production once they know they have a winner

I think it's crap that you have to reserve one... Limited production my ass. It just means those that have will keep on having. I would have gone down and talked to the bank but giving up 1000.00 bucks non refundable is BS.

Oh, come on, Frank. Read everything! :biglaugh: "The VMAX is being released in very exclusive numbers as the Japanese factory only produces a limited yearly production run for the whole world."

It depends on how you want to read this. My take is that there is / will be a limited number available at release, but it is not a one-year only production run.

Kellie's already called the dealer for me. What a gal!!!! (of course, you knew that already!)

I guess that I have you to "blame" for her getting her max in the first place! You should never have let her ride your bike....

i read on the euro max site that if you dont get the 09 reservatin you can wait till 10 for the next allotment..... its a special bike that the ways it is....

I don't see this bike in a simplistic view of how much "power" or "torque" it has only, but rather how much technology has been engineered into it over what we're riding now. Pretty much everything that bike has equipped as stock is what we've all been "modding" to achieve for the last 20+ years- and then some! Can't fault Yamaha for doing their homework... :clapping:

Just to name a few..........
Rigid aluminum frame
Better braking, huge rotors/calipers
More power, bigger engine, EFI, functional air scoops, etc.
Bigger forks, better suspension, etc.
Slipper clutch
Handlebar mounted tach w/ shiftlight
Air temp, oil pressure, oil temp, etc. etc. etc displays
Throttle by wire
Adjustable intake trumpets
ABS
Light weight titanium exhaust
Stupid power (that's obviously capped off at 200 BHP)

The list goes on-and-on-and-on.......it's endless and all this comes to you as ***STOCK***!!!

That's a **LOT** of highly technological musclebike there for the money and had our damn dollar not been in the super-crapper where it'd be worth something, the perceived cost would have been less. A lot of you big power guys have spent wayyyyy more money on your bikes than that and still don't have have the tech this machine has, nor the power output and you *STLL* have an early machine when it's all said and done!

I personally am very impressed with what they've done so far and to me, that high technology, combined with sledgehammer power **AND* excellent handling is worth something, which is just what everyone screamed at Yamaha about for years to change, but now you don't want to pay for it now that you've got it.... :rofl_200:

I love my bike now, but it's no where near the same league as this thing- modifyed or not! Let's just hope the first-year product bugs aren't too big, if any. :)

- john

I've been over the Microsite in detail.

Looks like the variable valve timing rumours were a ploy to hide what they were really up to; the variable intake tract length feature.....

Not saying that's a bad thing, just that I can't find anything about V.V.T at all, just the variable intake length is all I can find....

I
A lot of you big power guys have spent wayyyyy more money on your bikes than that and still don't have have the tech this machine has, nor the power output and you *STLL* have an early machine when it's all said and done!

I personally am very impressed with what they've done so far and to me, that high technology, combined with sledgehammer power **AND* excellent handling is worth something, which is just what everyone screamed at Yamaha about for years to change, but now you don't want to pay for it now that you've got it.... :rofl_200:

I love my bike now, but it's no where near the same league as this thing- modifyed or not! Let's just hope the first-year product bugs aren't too big, if any. :)

- john

I agree totally, I've dumped just shy o$1000 less than the cost of this machine into mine, and haven't even touched the internals yet or done anything "exotic" to it....including the purchase price of $5200, Throw in a PCW engine, better swingarm, EFI and so on etc and I'd have WAAAAYYYY more than that in it.....

While this bike is out of my price range right now with a kid in college, I don't think it's overpriced by any means........they'll never sell as many of these as they will the supersport bikes, so the R&D cost ammortization is higher on each bike...I'll be more than willing to wait a few years and hopefully pick one up for less than new price I hope.....

There can be talk about it being faster than a Busa or B-King or whatever.

The problem is the 18K sticker. Not many people are going to plop down that kind of cash for a Euro bike.
They just priced this thing out of a majority of peoples reach. This bike is in a class all its own now.
You can compare it to other nakeds which may be a bit slower. But it is going to come down to price and looks. IMOH they failed miserably on the 1st item.

I have been waiting for this thing for years. A little disappointed..yes. Glad I didn't wait . I will stick to my 07 for now.

Back