Oil Cooler Mounting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingMain

Reaction score
Hello All
I am hoping you could help me determine the best place to mount an oil cooler.

I have checked out the pics on Exactrep and it seems the best place but they have a different exhaust in the pic and it seems everywhere I have mocked it up it is awfully close to the front tire.

Thanks in advance
Cheers :punk:

So either no one has any ideas :confused2:
or
I pissed everyone off somehow :rofl_200:

Seriously, Bueller...Bueller

nobody's pissed , were just at a loss for an answer , the max is so limited for space ! .. :confused2:

lets see some mock up pics? how big is the cooler? why not under the radiator?

lets see some mock up pics? how big is the cooler? why not under the radiator?

Because the exhaust sits out under the radiator and it looks like it would be too close to the tire.

I will try to get some pics up soon

+ 1 for under the radiator for a location , but a drawback is rock / road debris can easily kick up into the radiator / cooler , + you have to route a hose from there which gives you another place to lose oil.

Do you feel a need for a cooler ? If running hot , you might check your cooling system first. I don't remember ever seeing a aux. oil cooler on a street Max.

:ummm:

Im running an oil cooler off an XS 1100, got it positioned between the front downpipes (the oil cooler adaptor bolted straight on too)
I don't find road grit to be much of a problem, most big stones/rocks bounce off the underside of my chin piece.

DSCN1892.jpg P1060554.jpg

Ragingman,

What ever came of you mounting it? Did you find a spot? Pics? I am interested, maybe a winter project.

Thanks,

Roy

Ragingman,

What ever came of you mounting it? Did you find a spot? Pics? I am interested, maybe a winter project.

Thanks,

Roy

Hey Roy
No I have not. I have put this on the back burner for now.
I can still ride during the winter around here and the bike stays plenty cool.
I am going to have to design something that comes off and on, or valved out during the seasons
Plus I am kind of a neat freak. I need a very clean looking install or I wont do it.

Back