Oil Leak Bluesssss

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DenniSM

Reaction score
23390070.jpg

Ok
I have a 1985 RatMax that must just hates oil. I have had it since November and its leaked from the cover that the shift rod passes thru. I have replaced the gasket 3 times. The shift shaft seal and used various chemicals instead of gaskets. Last time it held perfectly for almost 24 hours of normal riding. But my first real romps of hard riding it started to leak again.
What am I doing wrong? Could there be some line clogged that is causing too much preassure and blowing this seal out repeatedly? What should I do next? Fall is just around the corner. And thats RatMax time. I want it to hold its fluids for my prime riding season.....

You replaced the shift shaft seal? What about the copper gasket on the lower middle gear cover bolt? Did you seal up the stator grommet? Perhaps the cover is warped or the gasket surfaces aren't clean/smooth?

Sounds like it's probably a leak through the wiring on the stator cover. The oil gets blown all around under there and behind that cover so it can appear to be a different problem.

Sean

Latest posts

Back