Old School 1100 for sale....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todd, would that particular bike be faster than a stock engine gen 1? I never really checked into when the other bikes caught up and passed (so to say) our one time King of the quarter. Either way that seems like a really good deal. Hell, I'd buy it just to get more riding in considering mine don't see rain or even chance of it.

Ed yes the 1100 gsxr from day one was always faster quarter mile and top end. 155 hp at crank 133 at the wheel, top speeds in the high 170's. It was a precursor to the Busa in some respects. Heavy and not as capable as the 750 in the twists.

Todd

Thanks for that info Todd. I hope your planning on making it to thunder this year. And how about my son Jesse called me yesterday cause he's always looking to buy older bikes that need some tlc and he cleans them up and flips them. Well, yesterday he found a 1981 Suzuki and it needed ALOT of work. ( bolts broke off in the heads etc.. ) So it was on for $350. Jesse offered &300 and the guy went off! Saying " sure, how about I'll fucking pay you to take it asshole" and was really being a real dick. So my son copied the post and re posted it in the free section then flagged the original. I actually told him to give me the address and tell the guy I wanted it then I was gonna go a slap the shit outta the jackoff. But, I guess his way is the more sensible way of dealing with the dick. Anyway, hope you make it this year. See ya buddy. Ed

Man that is a sweet bike. Wish I was closer to MI to snag it.

Ed,
I just looked and Pee Wee Gleason ran both the 1100 Gixxer and the Vmax same day in 1986 and ran 10.28@132 on the 1100 Gixxer and [email protected] on the Vmax.

So pretty darn close and with a 130 lb pro rider on both bikes same day , same temp same track etc, I think that is a pretty good comparison.

Also in the same day the magazine rider Jeff Karr ran a 10.73 @ 127 mph. So almost 2 tenths slower, but same MPH..... not sure how big Jeff was, but he was pretty hot stuff back in those days too.

Todd

motorcyclistapril86cover.jpg

Ed I also wont be at Thunder this year, I ll be tooling around Alabama with my son on our bikes, while the rest of the family flies down to meet us.

Todd

Sorry to hear you won't be at thunder Todd, but riding with your son is always cool wherever it is. My Son Jesse (who you guys met) is trying to talk me into going to the Tail of the Dragon like the week before Thunder. And although I'd love to do it, it probably wouldn't be in my best interest with Autum to go to both so I'm probably just gonna make Thunder but I'll just have to see what happens. And how about you VmaxMike? You gonna be at thunder? I thought I ask before but never heard if and on what kinda bike you'd be on. Oh well, I hope some guys that I did get to meet before are going. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. Ride safe everyone!

I will be there I was going to hit the dragon on monday or tuesday but couldent find anyone to ride with me. so it looks like i got lee talked into riding with me to thunder again on thursday.

Attachments

• 2013-11-10_12-22-25_269.jpg
    2013-11-10_12-22-25_269.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 10
  • 2013-11-10_12-22-54_249.jpg
    2013-11-10_12-22-54_249.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 2013-11-10_12-23-02_813.jpg
    2013-11-10_12-23-02_813.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 8
Mike, is that your hayabusa ? I thought you sold your Vmax cause you were worried about speeding tickets? Holy shit bro, that's like selling your corvette and getting a Ferrari instead ! Lol

Back