only for people leaving a deposit..be honest!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slg888

Reaction score
ok boys, who will be leaving a $1000 deposit on the vmax in the next 30 days? and try not to reply if your not leaving a deposit please. only for the new purchaser's. who's 1st runner up.....be honest!!!!

ok boys, who will be leaving a $1000 deposit on the vmax in the next 30 days? and try not to reply if your not leaving a deposit please. only for the new purchaser's. who's 1st runner up.....be honest!!!!

I've had a deposit placed on this machine at our local dealer for nearly two years now (even before they even really wanted to take it) and 24 hours after the first news spread across the internet of the new bike's release, they called the shop....

We've done some business with them over the years and our relationship is quite good, where they know I'm for real and they always treat us better than fair on trade-in's, etc.- often times giving us good money for them sight-unseen, because they have gotten used to knowing that whatever condition I state the bike/machine is in, it's typically better when they see it in person, with nothing hidden in our description. In other words, we're both very honest with each other and always have been. :)

Of course, I've been waiting for this sucker to be released forever it seems and my wife has given me the approval long ago to purchase it if I want. However, the timing of the release of this thing stinks for my wife and I now, as we're expecting our first baby within the week- if not sooner. I'm torn between doing what "I" want to do and what is "right" to do given the circumstances, so I'm trying to put my "wants" aside to cater to the needs of my new family... Once we get this baby birth out of the way, our lives can return from the holding pattern it's been in for the last 3 months and we can resume typical day-to-day stuff, with our new addition in tow. Normal stuff meaning any extra spending we do on house stuff, toys (she wants a pontoon boat) or whatever...

I spoke to our dealer this afternoon and he's going to hold my deposit until the last possible date he can (October 1 or until all 2500 bikes are sold World-wide) so he can keep a bike ear-marked for me. If for some reason I can't swing it this year, we're going to apply that deposit towards the 2010 model or a left over 2009 model when the time better suits us to buy this thing... I told them that if for whatever reason I can't possibly buy the bike at all, I'd apply it to the new Honda Big Red that's coming out soon, (kind of like a Rhino) as my wife wants one of those to ride around her Uncle's farm property with our new daughter and her family when we go over there to camp.

In other words, I've already spent the deposit money 2 years ago, so I'm not really out anything or miss it. The dealer has been super to work with and they know that we're going to spend some money there at some point, we're just not sure on what yet. ;)

I want the bike *now* and it's hard to resist when everything is in place to move forward, but I've never had a family of my own before and as I'm finding out, their needs come first before mine. Mark my words though...I *WILL* have one of these bikes within the next 12 months once we get sqaured away with this new baby stuff. :)

Im my humble opinion, Yamaha has hit a home run out of the ball park here with this machine! Absolutely awesome!!!!!

WoooHooo! :eusa_dance:

- john

First of all, congratulations on your upcoming new family John!! I know how you feel about making the right decision. I don't have a newborn but my fiance has an 11 year old and I'm trying to justify spending $18K on a motorcycle for the right reasons. I'm still torn both ways, just don't know what to do. I've been waiting for this thing since they first announced a next gen Vmax. Now here we are and I have to make sure I make the right decision. Good luck to you!!

Same to you fastmax and congrat's our your engagement too! :clapping:

- john

If your women knew how badly you have wanted a new max ,and for how long she should be happy you are finaly getting it. Do not worry, your kid will get its fair share of the time and money lol. By the time your child is even old enough to remember its first boat ride or ride on a ATV the max will already be paid for. :biglaugh: Life is short take care of yourself also. I have been married for 19 years and have a 19 and 15 year old kid so I am not giving this advice from no experiance lol.

Thanks for the advice!! I told my fiance about the release of the new Max. She saw the pictures and she has known for a long time how I've been wanting to get one, she said I should get it. I spoke with my dealer again today and he suspects I will have a few months to think it over. There will only be 2300 or 2500 bikes built (can't remember how many exactly) until the next season. Don't know if I can wait that long. I will be leaving town for the next 3 weeks and I will make my decision when I get back home!!

If only one person on this forum comes forward to say that he has a deposit placed (abit with a lot of "if's" involved) that is not saying much for the response the bike has so far received. It seems like the dealers themselves are the ones putting down deposits so they will have the bikes available to sell when the time comes. This is what happened with the FJR's while they were on a special order only purchase plan. We should know how that ended up...ebay was flooded with dealers trying to sell new stock at reduced prices. I was intent on putting down the grand deposit until I came to my senses....non- refundable deposit on a bike that has no test evaluations under it's belt and one that no dealer will commit to on OTD pricing or delivery time !!! Sorry, but that makes no sense to me...period !! Yammi is using a totally different deposit program for their European customers.....their deposits are refundable. Wonder why most countries refer to us as "dumb Americans" ??

Richard

Yeah I finally came to my senses too. My ira cds are safe for the time being.
A Non Refundable deposit with no guarantee on OTD price is what made up my mind!
When a dealer has one that I can park my ass on and ride off on. Then they will get my money!

mine will be here late Oct early Nov . hopefully
All this bitching about 18 k . I`ll bet half the people that own a modifed vmax have that in it . I do .
My stealer sold 6 in 3 days . There going fast

OK this thread is clean...

Please lets keep it on track now. Anyone who doesn't will have there post moved to pointless drivel. :damn angry:

Thanks!

I had the $1000 in my sweaty little hads on the way to the dealer when I got wind of the out the door price. And I just could not bring myself to do it. My Jeep payment is almost done. I will save up a big deposit for a 2010 or look for a used one.
Maybe we will see some nice useed V Max's out there to hold me over until then.....

So, by my count we have ONE person (NY1Max) who has actually left a deposit since the new model came out....correct me if I'm wrong ? (not counting dealer hearsay on deposits taken)

I had the $1000 in my sweaty little hads on the way to the dealer when I got wind of the out the door price. And I just could not bring myself to do it. My Jeep payment is almost done. I will save up a big deposit for a 2010 or look for a used one.
Maybe we will see some nice useed V Max's out there to hold me over until then.....

So your not leaving a deposit for the new VMAX.. :ummm:

This thread is "only for people leaving a deposit...be honest"

This point is worthless... Anyone pulling for Tony Sterwart this weekends race?:rofl_200:
I am thinking about buying the new VMAX so does this count for anything?

If only one person on this forum comes forward to say that he has a deposit placed (abit with a lot of "if's" involved) that is not saying much for the response the bike has so far received. It seems like the dealers themselves are the ones putting down deposits so they will have the bikes available to sell when the time comes. This is what happened with the FJR's while they were on a special order only purchase plan. We should know how that ended up...ebay was flooded with dealers trying to sell new stock at reduced prices. I was intent on putting down the grand deposit until I came to my senses....non- refundable deposit on a bike that has no test evaluations under it's belt and one that no dealer will commit to on OTD pricing or delivery time !!! Sorry, but that makes no sense to me...period !! Yammi is using a totally different deposit program for their European customers.....their deposits are refundable. Wonder why most countries refer to us as "dumb Americans" ??

Richard
i heard that the bike also cost about twice as much in the uk as it will in the u.s.

later odieoh24

I'd like to know who is actually buying one so they can help me set up this 2nd Gen section and you can Mod it. I won't be getting one till 2010.

i heard that the bike also cost about twice as much in the uk as it will in the u.s.

later odieoh24

LOL... Everything costs twice as much in the UK as it does here... :biglaugh: Just ask them... They're always complaining about it on the SV portal.

Back