Opinions on Windscreen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyFaceFinster

Reaction score
http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star...tail/5/23/111/464/2009/1/7731/0/0/detail.aspx

What is everyones opinion on this thing. I would NEVER put a huge clear windscreen on, but this seem like it wont inhibit the bada$$ look too much.

I will get the short sissy bar and luggage rack.

Overall, I like the short and small concepts put forth. I dont like the bulky "saddlebag" look personally, esp on a monster like this.

Personally I didn't like the way it looked on the 09.
I saw it at the Star Demo during Biketoberfest. Star had a carbon fiber 09 all set up with all trinkets and wares they sell for Top dollar!
The windscreen, didn't look good in my opinion.

Attachments

• 09VMAXCF.jpg
    09VMAXCF.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 64
The top front is definitely the one bit that really sux about the '09 IMHO.

If I had the cash and was buying one, I'd be looking to replace that horror of a headlamp first, then think about a windshield or head fairing to make it look real sweet.

I wish Star were doing that think like the BMW concept just posted here recently, where the customer gets a choice of headlights, for example.

Tough to see, but i dont seem to like it either.

Those ridiculous $1000 dolla Intakes are a waste. Not only do they look silly, but what is wrong with hand polished aluminium? I think the stock setup has better contrast.

I assume that this will be the bike i see at the International Motorcycle show at he javits Center in Manhattan. Thanx for the pic.

the windscreen looks installed at a really weird angle. i'd say its your best bet tho, since the aftermarket market won't be kicking very soon?

I also saw that bike at Biketoberfest and the windscreen looks totally out of place and pretty retarded. I think that the aftermarket will come up with something better than this, probably cheaper too. Here is another picture showing a little more of the front of it.

DSC00966.jpg

It doesnt even blend in with the headlight, WTF were they thinking when trying to match the lines of the bike...

Thats FUGLY!!

Windscreens are for chinese scooters and gold wings

Tough to see, but i dont seem to like it either.

Those ridiculous $1000 dolla Intakes are a waste. Not only do they look silly, but what is wrong with hand polished aluminium? I think the stock setup has better contrast.

I assume that this will be the bike i see at the International Motorcycle show at he javits Center in Manhattan. Thanx for the pic.

Yeah, I agree. I'm not a fan of it after I've seen it on the bike. The carbon fiber isn't bad, but it's way overpriced. I'd rather spend my money cleaning up the afterthought of a tail assembly.

I don't like that at all, the angle is all screwed up.
It's looking a little bit like one of those 'street fighter' gizmos, or a B-King.
Bad move Mama Yama!! :puke:

BTW, I'd probably ride one before I ordered a screen. I can guarantee the bike has been in the wind tunnel, and it's likely the flow around the bike is much more laminar than was the old Max. The screen might not be needed, unless you're riding for extended periods on the highway.

I think the windscreen looks horrendous (spelling?). I'm not a huge fan of the carbon fiber parts either, I think the bike looks fine the way it is.

BurgerMax, that is some funny shiite!!:rofl_200:

BTW, I'd probably ride one before I ordered a screen. I can guarantee the bike has been in the wind tunnel, and it's likely the flow around the bike is much more laminar than was the old Max. The screen might not be needed, unless you're riding for extended periods on the highway.

Thats a good point as well!

It doesnt even blend in with the headlight, WTF were they thinking when trying to match the lines of the bike...

Thats FUGLY!!

Windscreens are for chinese scooters and gold wings

I agree. It needs better integration. I never had one before on any of my bikes, including my V-65. If I want to shield the wind, I'll just hop in the convertible.

They also have some set of onions charging $350 for that little sissy bar, which only works with the $90 luggage rack. I guess they figure if u are insane enough to spend that type of money already, it's like a heroin shot. Thou can't resist.

Back