Overflowing Carb

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Bill

Reaction score
The left rear carb on my '07 max started drooling fuel today. It just slowly fills up and starts to run over, dripping gas on the engine. It probably needs the needle valve assem. replaced. Question: Can I access the top inside area of the carb and replace that jobbie by removing the air box, while leaving the carb in place? Thanks...

You'll have to pull um Bill. Time for a cleaning, rebuild, and sync. There are people on here that can handle it for ya or if your mech. inclined. Use OEM stuff, you won't be sorry.
Steve

Ummmmmmm troubleshoot first then pull them only if need be. This sounds like a stuck float to me based on the symptoms. There is NO need to pull them until you check that first. There is a ton of information available here and you are not the first to have this issue. Take the airbox off and with the bike running give the offending carb bowl a few sharp taps with a screwdriver handle. Might just unstick the float and viola your problem is gone. I would also recommend running a tank or two of gas and add some Seafoam just to clean any schmutz out of your system. PM me if you need any guidance or check out the carb tech section of the forum.

Mine did the same thing - a few LIGHT shots of compressed air in the fuel inlet fixed it right up.

Back