PAJ2 question.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand, rich would be a change as I've been dealing with a lean issue for a while according to the plugs but I'll do the 4k wot cut and she what she shows, Thanks.

run her to red line in 4th then cut it, with 170dj i wouldnt think your lean but with a needle chg you did i guess soo

I understand, rich would be a change as I've been dealing with a lean issue for a while according to the plugs but I'll do the 4k wot cut and she what she shows, Thanks.

That's just the thing, the plugs will "look" lean but you'll be down on HP... Unless you have it dyno'd with a sniffer or have a wideband O2 then its a bitch to tune... I'm roughly 800' above sea level and have a fair amount of shit done to my bike and with stock jets I'm still rich... I have some airbox mods I'm gonna try though and I'll keep you guys posted how it all works... If I can get more air to the engine I should be able to fatten up the jet and hopefully make some more horsepower...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I have been fighting with jetting for a while now and kept thinking "needs to be leaner" and could not resolve sputtering at 4k and sluggish crossover at 6k. I say piss on it and dropped main jet two sizes, pilot screws 6 turns out and...... it never ran better. I have more to tweak but this bike really fools you on the lean/rich assumptions. I have to forget everything I know about car, boat or snowmobile jetting because it simply doesn't look or react like I think it should.

What wideband did u get?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Dynojets WideBand Commander, has a lot of Data logging capabilities, programmable outputs, and uses an Analog gauge that can be easily read and can be cleanly installed. The black box is about twice the size of a pack of cigs so is easily concealed out of harms way. You access it with a laptop to program or read log files.

Someone on here said they aren't accurate but I've had it on my wife's supercharged 350z and had several opportunities to catalog dyno runs and compare them to the Dyno a/f numbers and found it to be very accurate.

I removed it along with the supercharger when we sold the car. Then it found a home on my bike.

I think it uses the Bosch sensor, I get about 15,000-20,000 miles out of the sensors before they go tits up, it's the only downside but I'm thinking pretty much everyone uses the same sensor.

Dynojets WideBand Commander, has a lot of Data logging capabilities, programmable outputs, and uses an Analog gauge that can be easily read and can be cleanly installed. The black box is about twice the size of a pack of cigs so is easily concealed out of harms way. You access it with a laptop to program or read log files.

Someone on here said they aren't accurate but I've had it on my wife's supercharged 350z and had several opportunities to catalog dyno runs and compare them to the Dyno a/f numbers and found it to be very accurate.

I removed it along with the supercharger when we sold the car. Then it found a home on my bike.

I think it uses the Bosch sensor, I get about 15,000-20,000 miles out of the sensors before they go tits up, it's the only downside but I'm thinking pretty much everyone uses the same sensor.

I have the innovate wideband O2 on mine Rusty and it uses the Bosch sensor too I think... Your absolutely right though, you can't tune to a number but it does help provide a very good reference of what direction you need to go... One of these days I'm gonna trailer my bike to the track with my jet kit and my carbtune and just keep going up and down on mains to see what goes fastest... They are carbs so they are never gonna be perfect for all conditions but with some time and effort I think you can do alot with them...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Back