"Panasonic" Universal Battery fit questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPOFF

Reaction score
I bought the Panasonic LC-X1220P "universal" battery that the V-max Outlaw site links to. First off, love the price, $49. And it's a AGM type battery. (The AGM battery in my Valkyrie is 11 years old, so I'm sold on the technology. ) And even though it's 40 degrees here, the V-Max roared to life on the factory charge.

My concern is that the battery is slightly taller than the OEM and the coil plate is a pretty tight fit, pressing directly on the top of the battery. In fact, part of the plate wants to sit directly on the positive terminal, which could cause a powerful explosion 6 inches from my privates. :wacko: I pinched in a thick piece of rubber there for safety's sake. I also put 1/8th inch spacers under the 2 bolts that hold the rear of the plate. so the battery is under less stress.

Has anyone had an issue with a battery that's a tad too tall? :ummm:

You could try re-drilling the battery box mounting holes so it sits a bit lower.

I bought the Panasonic LC-X1220P "universal" battery that the V-max Outlaw site links to. First off, love the price, $49. And it's a AGM type battery. (The AGM battery in my Valkyrie is 11 years old, so I'm sold on the technology. ) And even though it's 40 degrees here, the V-Max roared to life on the factory charge.

My concern is that the battery is slightly taller than the OEM and the coil plate is a pretty tight fit, pressing directly on the top of the battery. In fact, part of the plate wants to sit directly on the positive terminal, which could cause a powerful explosion 6 inches from my privates. :wacko: I pinched in a thick piece of rubber there for safety's sake. I also put 1/8th inch spacers under the 2 bolts that hold the rear of the plate. so the battery is under less stress.

Has anyone had an issue with a battery that's a tad too tall? :ummm:

Just bend that tab up and you'll be fine! I have had that battery in mine since it was new as I don't do lead acid anymore. I did as stated with no issues as of yet.

Yuppp I just bought one also a few months ago they are awesome batteries
I bent my front tab up and added a spacer on the rear 2 hole bolt mounts Presto

Back