Parasitic Battery Drain

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Parasitic Battery Drain - BAD REG/RECTIFIER

I think I'm finally in the clear. I rec'd my new regulator/rectifier from Python (went with the one for the '96-'07 model years). Performed all the stator tests to make sure it was good; it checked out fine. I also left the positive battery terminal unhooked so as I plugged everything back in, I could measure the current draw. With everything plugged in, I too am now down to basically 0 amps (I think at one point I saw 1 micro amp).

Since I roll a '92, I had to get a couple of longer M6 phillips screws for the newer r/r. Everything's now secured and holy shit. I wish I would have performed this upgrade right after I bought the bike. I don't have to keep the bike plugged in to the tender everyday yet it still turns over perfectly. Even the hot re-starts turn over like the first start of the day.

Big thanks to all of you that helped me out with this one.

All the best,

Devin
-

good to hear man.... glad nothing else ended up being the problem.. u been able to take her out and ensure everythings good to go?

Thanks G, yeah everything checks out by the meter as well as on the road. Finally getting to put some miles on it.

Now, for the exhaust. :)
-

Easy check if you have a short circuit in you system. Ignition off. Remove the negative wire from the battery terminal. Now touch the wire back to the terminal. I there is any spark, you have a short circuit in your system that is draining the battery.

Thanks G, yeah everything checks out by the meter as well as on the road. Finally getting to put some miles on it.

Now, for the exhaust. :)
-

I have a 92 as well. It sounds like my problem is identical. Has everything been well since the R/R upgrade?

You may have solved my issue and saved me some troubleshooting headache!

-Paul

I have a 92 as well. It sounds like my problem is identical. Has everything been well since the R/R upgrade?

You may have solved my issue and saved me some troubleshooting headache!

-Paul

talked to dev a few days ago and he didn't mention it, i believe it fixed his issue!

Back