PCW Chain Drive 1570

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what you have in it, I hope you do not want 70,000. It is a great looking bike and I bet it runs out good too.

I'm sorry but I have to ask. Where do you have $60K in the bike? I don't see anywhere near that in what we'd charge to build that same bike from scratch. Not attacking by any means just curious what I am not seeing.

Sean

NOW IF YOUR INTENTION IS TO ASK SOMETHING TO PROVE A POINT OF YOUR OWN, DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE.

can you elaborate on this?

Seans point, if i'm taking it right, was simple. He did the math out what he would charge for this exact build and it was magnitudes different than $60k. So giving you the benefit of the doubt, wanted to know if there was work on the bike that wasn't obvious or maybe was not mentioned.

As noted. I don't know what you gave for the bike. It's possible you got mis information that made the bike seem more valuable then it truly is. The engine will cost around $10k or so to build at the all out level. But, that means somewhere in the rest of the bike is $50k. I am just wondering if I am missing something or if you are misleading any potential buyers yourself (based on the bad information you were given).

i missed the last two pages of this thread but........it looks like he took his ball and went home.......:confused2:

He's updated the listing. It's a nice bike just not $60k nice. I think we could be the identical bike for $25k (give or take) or probably less. He may have that much in the bike counting rebuilds that he may have done over the years.

I didn't want to run the guy off just try and understand his cost justification.

Sean

If he's really got that much into it, he's going to have to take a big hit to sell it.

Any guesses as to what he may get for it?

I can't see more than 10 grand. Even that Might be a stretch. The styling is a bit of a pieced together look about it. It is used, and who knows how much abuse it has on it.

If he's really got that much into it, he's going to have to take a big hit to sell it.

Any guesses as to what he may get for it?

I can't see more than 10 grand. Even that Might be a stretch. The styling is a bit of a pieced together look about it. It is used, and who knows how much abuse it has on it.

yea for how custom it is, oddly enough the seat and forks don't look right to me(i'm sure they're correct) just don't look customzied like the rest of the bike. should have chromed the lowers and putt a more matte/satin cloth on the seat.

I'm guessing at most $7500 but I could be wrong. Cornells turbo bike (that for the most part looked more custom) only bid up to $10K

Sean

I'm guessing at most $7500 but I could be wrong. Cornells turbo bike (that for the most part looked more custom) only bid up to $10K

Sean

It looks like it could be a really good starting point for a great custom. It would still have to be the right price, though.

Performance wise, it's easy to buy as much or more from a number of modern bikes, for 10 grand or so, used.

Does seems overvalued.
Nice bike, with some great gear in it! Better than mine, for sure.
If I owned it, it would need some customizing.
I would be unhappy if I poured $60k into a bike and it still needed customizing!

I reckon he's dreaming.

Yeah, he's deleted all his posts under this thread & changed his ebay ad to remove the $60K reference. Sorry but I would retire my mortgage before buying a bike costing that much!

it has 4 days plus left on ebay right now and the next bid is only 3700.00 at this time. There is some money in the bike there is no doubt on that. I do not think any one was trying to rain on his party. I have seen lots of heavily modified vehicles that when they where sold the builder did not get what they put into back out. There comes a point when you have put so much into it you can never get the money back out of it. I am sure it is a nice bike, it looks good to me. But I could not buy it. I was lucky to get into what I have now.

If I had the cash to buy a PCW engine, I would probably look into it.
Buy the bike and just have the engine and back wheel sent over.

IN MY DREAMS! :rofl_200:

.... There is some money in the bike there is no doubt on that. I do not think any one was trying to rain on his party.

I can agree with you there, but I also agree with Sean.
I just don't see $60k in that bike. There are a few maxes that have $60k+ in them, and wow does it show.

A Steve Taylor wheeled and swing-armed bike coupled with an engine build from a builder (Sean, PCW, etc) with all the bells and whistles We're talking around $30k. Add on a USD, with Brembo brakes, nice wavy rotors and stainless lines another $28-3500. Bodywork another $2K, pipes (depending on the setup) another $1500-2500. Intake, can be another $1500 to $5000 depending on carbs, turbo, supercharger, or EFI. Paint, now this can be minimal or through the roof. The paint on my chopper was around $3000 and that was just a tank and two fenders. So for arguments sake $2000. Ignition, Electrics (headlights, brake lights, turn signals, etc) Foot controls,Bars, brake and clutch masters, instrumentation can easily push the $ value higher.

You can get pretty damn close if not surpass the $60k mark, especially if you farm out some of the the work and pay their labor cost. Maybe this is where alot of his $60k came from.

I have to say, when I opened the crate and laid eyes on my old chopper for the first time. The first that that should have been in my head was WOW!!! but instead it was, "I just paid how much for this?":ummm: To this day I look at pictures of it, Although it was a big V-Twin, a 6-speed trans and a few other nice things coupled with a paint job. But if I factored in the labor, It was where about I paid for it. If you were to itemize the parts, You would find some ridiculous pricing. (the spoke pulley to match my wheels was $700.00 alone)

Back