picked up another '85 Vmax #1172

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarchin

Reaction score
About a month ago I was searching around on Craigslist looking for a Vmax for my wife and I ran across a post in Kentucky for one that was being parted out. I thought the phone number looked familiar, and I pm'd Texas SS Tornado here on the forum, and sure enough it was his! I asked him what was wrong with it and if he wanted to sell it outright, and he told me what was going on with it, and that he'd take $1,500 for it. I asked him if he'd mind holding for a couple of weeks so the snow around here could melt and he said sure, and I sent him a deposit. So, last Friday I drove down and picked it up, and brought her home.

Turned out there was a bunch of green gunk in the ignition switch connector, and he cleaned that up, and it's running really well here the few times I've been able to get out on it. There are a couple of other minor issues, like the fuel pump won't stop pumping when I turn the key on, and the vboost servo isn't working either but it has the tboost thing on it which will be removed pretty soon, and just needs a good detailing. I've already cleaned her up some and it's looking pretty sharp!

Dealing with John was awesome! Very nice guy to deal with and get to know a little bit, and has a very nice setup going on at his house! I've bought a number of things from John, and each time has been a perfect transaction! Thanks again John!

I'm thinking the mod monkey is doubling up on his bets over here lol!

Attachments

• 1172 pic 02.jpg
    1172 pic 02.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 61
Glad to help out a fellow forum member! I had started a few threads about that bike in the electrical section, rebuilt the carbs TWICE, with DannyMax doing it the second time. Then finally gave up, listed it on Craigslist, made the deal with Sarchin to sell it, THEN figured out it was the ignition switch. This sucker kicked my butt for sure, but glad to see it go to a good home!!! :punk:

Back