Pics from the weekend ride - 56K No No!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
Well Friday evening Jason and I left to meet up with a few guys for a ride on southern Iowa. For those that aren't local, the weather was a tad cold, and the dress will show it in the pics haha.

Getting ready to head over to Jason's:
April2708Ride001.jpg

April2708Ride002.jpg

Can't leave without the "other woman"
April2708Ride003.jpg

Got ready to roll out!
April2708Ride004.jpg

Then we found a fuel leak on the Gold Wing so he had to take the FZR.
April2708Ride005.jpg

Met up with Jason's friend from Alaska who's in town a few weeks. His Buell stays local for when he comes back.
April2708Ride006.jpg

April2708Ride007.jpg

Justin showed up after some riding around down in Pella.
April2708Ride010.jpg

April2708Ride011.jpg

April2708Ride012.jpg

April2708Ride013.jpg

April2708Ride014.jpg

Since the wind was well over 20mph and the temps in the low 40's high 30's we decided to warm up in the gas station with some coffee and take a group pic.
Left to right: Matt (from Alaska) Jason, Jen (Justin's Wife), Justin, and Me.
April2708Ride015.jpg

Got in a ride more south and Matt's grandpa with great hospitality put us and our bikes up.
April2708Ride016.jpg

April2708Ride017.jpg

April2708Ride018.jpg

We got up, they fed us breakfast and we headed out from there.

Here we're catching lunch.
April2708Ride019.jpg

A stop at Lake Rathbun spillway.
April2708Ride020.jpg

April2708Ride021.jpg

April2708Ride022.jpg

April2708Ride023.jpg

April2708Ride024.jpg

April2708Ride025.jpg

April2708Ride026.jpg

After this I got a chance to ride the Buell, and I think I love it! Torque down low so your not having to search gears, and can float the front end like nobody's business. I think I may be purchasing one!

We stopped at C&C Cycle in Chariton on our way back from Des Moines and had a look around. They were wanting to deal on a Buell, but had to keep telling them now is not the time for me haha. Nice big shop down there.

The unfortunate happened to our friend Justin as when we got back into town, we think he lunched his transmission. Further tear down is in order, but he ate a bunch of "Leaky Harley Jokes" all weekend, then this happened. I feel bad as the guy thrashed to get the thing together for this ride and then this happened. Matt just needed to change the oil.
April2708Ride027.jpg

April2708Ride028.jpg

Awesome riding, can't wait to do it again, and Conesville should prove a lot of fun next month!!!!!

great pics riding and friends dont get better than that

Ok not that your bike looked bad last year but it looks like you cleaned it up a bit huh?:thumbs up:

The FZR looks better too.

Looks like fun!

I'm jealous.

Looks like you all had a great time!! This is what I call livin and enjoyin life!!! Thanks for sharin your pics:cheers:
May be just adicted but your Max was the best lookin bike there:thumbs up:

Thanks for the kind words fellas. It was the most fun I've had all year that's for sure!

Chris - Last time you saw the bike it hadn't be cleaned in a while. The pics I took must have masked some, but the bike was cleaner than the time you saw it, still not up to my standards. I wasn't worried about it as I thought it was gonna rain on us at some point.

nd4topspd - Thanks for the compliments. I've almost got the bike where I want it as far as looks and functionality.

Back