Pingel shifter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgzag15

Reaction score
Pingel Enterprise is currently working on a custom electric shifter for the Gen 1 V-max, ( I work in the R&D dept. it is my personal bike), I am putting out feelers for interest in the project to see if it is worth bringing a kit to market. Enough e-mails to sales may persuade them to offer it in the next catalog, spread the word and call or email Pingel Ent sales dept!
[email protected]

I just checked the price for a Suzuki sportbike for the electric shifter, $975!

I think you are going to have a small market here, as many of us probably don't have bikes that would fetch $3500 on the market if we had to sell it. Then there are always the performance guys who would do it if they could shave a few tenths. My comments are only my observation, and if you think the market is there, then please do it. I am sure that much of the stuff is used on other bikes, and it just may be a matter of getting the CAD-design parameters (for the Gen I VMax brackets) stored so you can crank one out when someone wants one. It's always good to have options.

Pingel Enterprise is currently working on a custom electric shifter for the Gen 1 V-max, ( I work in the R&D dept. it is my personal bike), I am putting out feelers for interest in the project to see if it is worth bringing a kit to market. Enough e-mails to sales may persuade them to offer it in the next catalog, spread the word and call or email Pingel Ent sales dept!
[email protected]

I'm not answering your question but.......

I know the Gen 2 owners have an interest. Several owners I know have fit Pingles (with much effort) and one has a DW. No one makes a Gen 2 specific kit that I know of.

A lot of owners already have a quickshifter (fuel interrupt) on their bikes so a basic mechanical kit would be popular to start I would think. The Gen 2 market is not huge either but many owners are doing a lot of fairly expensive mods and are always looking for any new performance mod, even if they don't race their bikes. I could see 20+ units being sold very quickly then some slow steady business after that.

Mark

Cant say anything about the electric shifter but that air shifter looks to be on the money price point wise.

Back