Here we go!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURBOVMAX

Reaction score
I'd like to start by letting you all know that this is hobby for me. I've made many mods to the VMAX and have quite a few drawings and sketches of the mods.

Over the years, especially when I first started I paid people lots of money to modify and make things. Finally after months sometimes get the part home and find that they were experimenting at my expense.

So with that said... my job currently is Managing an R&D Machine Shop and coordinating prototype mechanism's from drawings to finish. I have a network of vendors that supply prototype details. I have 16 issued patents and more in process. http://patft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph...INNM&co1=AND&TERM2=Voisine&FIELD2=INNM&d=PTXT Enough about me.

What I would like us to do is;
  • Define the projects we would like to work on.
  • List the suppliers of fittings, hoses, valves, electrical connectors etc. and anything that you normally buy repackaged and marked up by the man.
  • List the bill of materials we will need to complete the project.
  • Provide the instructions we will need to complete the project.

I understand that there are people who don't have the necessary skills to contribute and that's fine. Their input is equally important.

Many of you will say, Yea sure, what do you get out of this? I will post the drawings/sketches of the detailed parts with no dimensions. My reward for doing that work is supplying the brackets and billet machined parts only. If there aren't any, I don't care. If you'd like to make your own that's fine. If someone does the the necessary electrical/electronic work, the project being that extensive. He should receive the same reward. I'm not interested in doing any assembly or installation work (unless it's for me) sooo if someone wants to offer that service, then they should be rewarded.

If you like doing things yourself this will be lots of fun!

We can start by posting threads of things we would like to work on and see what happens.

I have tried calling you in reguards to a chaindrive vmax. It looks fairly simple to me. Could you enlighten me alittle. or send me in the rite direction. thanks. sandy

I would very much like to help in this ,...I have found that in all the reading and searching online for all the maxes mod's and upgrades; there still seems to be alot of misinformation, lack of information and in some cases all out contradiction.
Not to mention the self made projects that look good , work well but have very little in specifics to go by to replicate them.
A little about me,...I am a Millwright by trade,(industrial mechanic).
We are called the "jack of all trades and masters of none".
We dabble in welding,machining,heavy duty, some electrical (mostly automotive),carpentry and masonry.
I have worked with very talented people in the past nad have been exposed to alot of different methods of fabricating things for different reasons.
I enjoy greatly making and coming up with things to nod or fab for my own proposes.
I have never drag raced,..on a track, I have never taken a small motor mechanics course or been acquainted with any one that has.
I have mostly things for myself.
Not because I'm too cheap,...because I live where things sky rocket in price just cause of the distance it had to come.
So,..the urge to splurge just for shit's n giggles was out of my pay realm.
My favorite pass time at work ,..checkin the metal scrape bin regularly.
So plez ,..keep me in mind and throw some of your ideas my why and I'd be more than happy to help at my end .
Check out my album,...my lil Fazer has quite the small tank, i was always running it on empty by the 3rd run to work,...instrumentation throws out these really nice lookin alum bottles used for testing gauges ,..i converted it to my reserve fuel tank,..extra 2ltrs. now I can push a lil harder on the last day knowing I won't be "just makin it "....

Gary,

If there was an award for most impressive fabrication work I would give you the award without a blink. From some of the machine work pics you have shared with us they are very impressive to say the least. I know you do more then what you have time to post on here..

Here is what I want and its not available:bang head:
A Slider Clutch for the VMAX to where its adjustable using springs and weights.. I have 2 complete clutches that can be used for expierementing with.
I am serious about this. If you would like to attempt this project with me let me know what you need, costs etc.

EMF is only place that has something close, but I didnt like his response and I dont believe it acts as an actual slider clutch.

Until then I will stay working on my throttle stop control:bang head:

Thanks,
Yankee

Count me in if you need electronics/electrical diagrams/fabrications/repair work/testing. I got an Electrical Fitter, mechanical Fitter, and electronics Diploma thru the Navy, and currrently work at a Satellite Tracking Station (weather, none of this "spook" stuff!).

For example. I just found out yesterday from Dynatek that they don't make D3K7-7 anymore (Dyna 3000 to suit pre-92). This really sucks........a lot, coz mine is '87, and I want one. If someone has access to the diagrams for pre- and post-92 bikes, and has pictures of the ignitor plugs for both models, then I'll make up adaptor harnesses to slide a D3K7-6 (Dyna 3000 post-92) into early models. Heaps cheaper than building my own ignition system.

Anything I can do to help, please just ask.

Oh yeah, the slider? Great idea. Can we also get one made with a separate pressure plate mounted to the outer case via a shaft, so all you need to do to tighten up the plates to allow you to ride home after the meet, is to pre-tension the top hat by screwing in this separate plate, kind of like operating in a similar way to a clutch throwout bearing.
Slider at the track, pre-tensioned slider for the street to reduce heat build-up, and allow earlier-RPM power transfer.
Possible?

Count me in if you need electronics/electrical diagrams/fabrications/repair work/testing. I got an Electrical Fitter, mechanical Fitter, and electronics Diploma thru the Navy, and currrently work at a Satellite Tracking Station (weather, none of this "spook" stuff!).

For example. I just found out yesterday from Dynatek that they don't make D3K7-7 anymore (Dyna 3000 to suit pre-92). This really sucks........a lot, coz mine is '87, and I want one. If someone has access to the diagrams for pre- and post-92 bikes, and has pictures of the ignitor plugs for both models, then I'll make up adaptor harnesses to slide a D3K7-6 (Dyna 3000 post-92) into early models. Heaps cheaper than building my own ignition system.

Anything I can do to help, please just ask.

Oh yeah, the slider? Great idea. Can we also get one made with a separate pressure plate mounted to the outer case via a shaft, so all you need to do to tighten up the plates to allow you to ride home after the meet, is to pre-tension the top hat by screwing in this separate plate, kind of like operating in a similar way to a clutch throwout bearing.
Slider at the track, pre-tensioned slider for the street to reduce heat build-up, and allow earlier-RPM power transfer.
Possible?

There is a guy selling the early model Dyna's on Ebay. They are new and under warranty. Good Luck, Spurs

WOO!HOO! Thanks man!

Didin't really feel up to making one anyway, this is so much easier.:eusa_dance:

There is a guy selling the early model Dyna's on Ebay. They are new and under warranty. Good Luck, Spurs

Actually he is not.
I orderd one from him and he doesnt have them in stock. He refunded my money. I called and asked what was up and he said when they set up there ebay store it was a left over from old inventory. In the past he would just call Dyna and get them shipped. He didnt realize they stopped making them.

I really think I got the last one on the planet when I bought from the guys in Australia. Took me two weeks of constant searching.

The problem with making an adapter is different types of pickups in the 85-89, compared to the 90 & up. The firing angle is also different. Unless you find a Dyna d3k7-7 somewhere about the only way you will get a Dyna in a 85-89 is to swap harnesses and flywheels.

Yeah, bugger, found that today, much head-scratching unfortunately. Even sent an email to Dynatek to see if it's only the plugs that are different, then I could just make up[ adaptor leads for the D3K7-6.
Spose back to either making my own (a pain), being patient and waiting (not one of my strong points), or trying to adapt a DRL300 or something.
I'm chasing rpm limit, 2-step, and Nitrous retard. Any other ideas anybody?

Latest posts

Back