Polished V-stacks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
Call them what you will, V-stacks, ram tubes,whatever....
This is the first set that I have polished, the others have been powdercoated in the past.
Being stainless they won't ever rust nor can any chrome peel off, just a buff every now and then and they will remain shiny.:eusa_dance:

Attachments

• 001 (Large).jpg
    001 (Large).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 159
Hello Guys,

I haven't set a price yet but Steve is going to funnel all his beautiful work through me so we can ship in bulk to try and keep prices down and also his need to package and ship all over to just one place.

Email me for more info and requests. At some point when I get a full list of stuff I am going to carry from him I will put up a price on our website and in the Muscle Section.

Sean

I'd be interested in these, though I'm in Australia so it may be worthwhile sending direct from NZ rather than shipping via US.

Yep! I agree but it won't make a ton of difference since I am going to get them in bulk. I got the first set in last night (thanks steve) but they aren't the polished versions. These will be good for paint, chrome, or powdercoating (they could be polished but I won't be doing that to this set).

Sean

First off these look great, but curious what kind of reaction you get when people see these. Your going to have two types of people that look at these, one that will think they are some sort of performance enhancing thinga magig, the other(motorheads) will dismiss this as basicaly a "fake" performance related thing. I'm torn myself as to whether I'm adding this to my winter mods this year. Whats everyone's opinion or experience with commments/reactions they get with things similar to this..

First off these look great, but curious what kind of reaction you get when people see these. Your going to have two types of people that look at these, one that will think they are some sort of performance enhancing thinga magig, the other(motorheads) will dismiss this as basicaly a "fake" performance related thing. I'm torn myself as to whether I'm adding this to my winter mods this year. Whats everyone's opinion or experience with commments/reactions they get with things similar to this..

IMO you already have fake scoops. And your adding more fake intake?

Mmmm, I hear ya, but still on the fence with this...Do you have them, and if so do you think they compliment the bike and what kind of feedback to you get from others

Everyone that's commented on mine so far think they are real including mechanics.
Only people so far that realize they are non functional are Vmax owners.

The general population think my faux tank is a tank and look amazed when I lift the seat to fill the real one. The same people think the 2 air scoops actually do something.

I don't particularly care whether they think things are real or not real.

Call them what you will, V-stacks, ram tubes,whatever....
This is the first set that I have polished, the others have been powdercoated in the past.
Being stainless they won't ever rust nor can any chrome peel off, just a buff every now and then and they will remain shiny.:eusa_dance:

:ummm: Hey, can't tell from the pictures too well, but is that weld beads showing at the base of these units where the bolts go through the bolt flange? It looks like they are two pieces welded together with no polishing done to the welded areas. Other than that I like them. Spurs

So If I'm understanding correcly, these just bolt over the current carb covers therefore if you look down into these tubes, you will see the solid carb cover?

yep they're bolt over the existing solid covers. There's some transparent tho, then you can look inside your carbs.
Got a set of vstax (short and long) from a friend who bought them from exactrep.
It looks damned gorgeous with my chrome covers :)

Michael, hey question for you I was actually looking at those from exactrep and was curious how the short and long ones look on the bike verse all the same legnth. How did you mount them, short ones closest to you on the bike and the longest towards the front?

Latest posts

Back