Prat of the week?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxMidnight

Reaction score
When I laid up the bike last winter I promised myself that I would get all of the planned jobs out of the way before the riding season began.

I almost suceeded although the modifications to the belly pan took longer than anticipated...plus I had a metal plate removed from my leg....followed by an absess ten weeks laterr...then there was the anual holiday and, of course, the shi* e weather we have been having.

Today was going to be the day for my first ride.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Imagine my joy when I went to press the starter and nothing. The lights came on, rev counter did it's tricks but the starter motor wasn't listening.
I checked that it was set to 'run', was in neutral and that the side stand was up. Silence was my reward.

It must be electrical - so off came the seat, faux tank, scoops and neck trims.

Out came the multimeter - 12.5 volts at the battery. Continuity across the run switch and starter button.

It was about then that a little bell started ringing, quietly at first, but soon became a loud cacophony.

YOU STUPID, STUPID BUNT! I had forgotten to disarm the immobiliser.
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

Wot a twa*.

On the bright side, it sounds as if your immobilizer is a good one - and doing it's job.

I'm not sure what a prat is over there, but I'd think you'd be eligible for at least a 'Doh' award here.

Good you got it sorted, and I assume, you got that much overdue ride in.

Definition of prat
noun

informal
  • 1 British an incompetent or stupid person; an idiot.
  • 2 a person?s buttocks.
Origin:

mid 16th centuryof unknown origin. Use dates from the 1960's

i love to watch british sit- coms.....funny as hell once you learn wtf they are talking about:rofl_200:

OK, how-many have done trouble-shooting only to finally remember to thumb-off the kill switch?

Northern twat, for sure.. hahaha!!!

Glad it wasn't anything more serious, eh? I take it you did get a good ride? Found any spare rays of sunshine in between the rain clouds? Blimey..

Get a good ride - did I fook!

The battery decided that it didn't want to play so is on charge overnight - as it is over seven years old it's probably on its last legs

New Odyssey ordered.

Not sure if getting an award for being a prat is something I have dreamt of...but happy to admit my mistakes.

The good news is that the battery took the charge OK and it started first push of the button.
Had a nice ride - tis good to be back on two wheels. :clapping::thumbs up: :eek:h yeah::eek:h yeah::eek:h yeah:

Back