Problem Solved

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MONTREALMAX

Reaction score
After much tinkering and frustration my VMAX is finally running like it should

The problem turned out to be a bad CDI.....I found this to be very difficult to diagnose the only way that I could eliminate it from the equation was to replace the unit entirely

NOW I understand what VBOOST is....holy sh*t

this CDI was obviously bad from day one and running hot and washing the bike made a bad problem much worse (first time I have ever come across a bad CDI on any type of vehicle)

I just want to thank everyone again for all your help and especially your patience trying to diagnose this problem especially after my unfortunate postings after a frustrating evening in the garage getting nowhere with diagnostics

a big shout out to MALEKO89 and Gleno who pointed me toward the electrical system after I convinced myself this was carb related

one thing I did learn is my MAX likes it lean

and to all who took the time out of a busy day to help thank you :punk:

CONGRATS! I know you've been having issues for quite awhile. Its good to hear that you have everything straightend out now. You should post a link to the this thread from your other threads where you have talked about the issues. Alway great to hear the final resolution to an irritating problem:eusa_dance:

just burned through a tank of fuel before lunch

I think I need a new rear tire........f'n awesome torque

Back