Problem with VBoost (electricity)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sean, your engine looks & runs fantastic!!! We still need to do fine tuning (carborators synch / fuel-air mixture etc). I am very satisfied with the results. It makes the bike look new and People stopping me and asking about it (Vmax is very rare in Israel - there is ~15 gen 1 and 1 gen 2. BTW new Gen2 costs here 50000$)
I also know now, that my old engine was after all in quit a good shape. was almost as strong as the new one even though it had 66K miles on it. Only one mystery was with that ticking/knocking noise

95spfldmax thank you very much for your help. I'm waiting to hear about the used parts.

BTW regarding the switch removal. I found it easier/faster to leave the air box and coolant block in their place. really no need to remove them - there is a good access to the switch and its connector.

Sean, your engine looks & runs fantastic!!! We still need to do fine tuning (carborators synch / fuel-air mixture etc). I am very satisfied with the results. It makes the bike look new and People stopping me and asking about it (Vmax is very rare in Israel - there is ~15 gen 1 and 1 gen 2. BTW new Gen2 costs here 50000$)
I also know now, that my old engine was after all in quit a good shape. was almost as strong as the new one even though it had 66K miles on it. Only one mystery was with that ticking/knocking noise

95spfldmax thank you very much for your help. I'm waiting to hear about the used parts.

WOW , what would a re-built Gen 1 motor cost someone over there ? Are you going to keep the mystery motor ?

Re-built Gen 1 motor costs here about 5500$ and i'm not talking about full-blown re-built - just opening replacing rings, gaskets, valve clearance, honing the cylinders if needed etc. Nothing like what Sean does. My 1999 Vmax cost me 11450$ with 65K miles on it.
I'm going to try and sell the mystery motor (if I wanna keep my wedding ring..:))
I'll put it on Ebay as soon as I take pictures of it.

Latest posts

Back