Problems with Avon Venom tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilsnel

Reaction score
Is There anybody out there running Avon Venom X's on there VMax. I put a new set on last June and the sidewall's look like they dry rotted. There is large cracks on the sidewall's. The front tire is worse than the rear.The bike sat on wood blocks in my garage all winter with a cover over it.I don't overly wash the bike and only use dish liquid.I'm not a big fan of amoralling my bike so i really don't put anything on the tires.The cracks weren't there a month ago. The place I bought the tires from washed there hands of it and Cooper Tires won't respond back to me. Just looking to see if anyone else had this problem.:bang head:

There should be a date code on the sidewall. See if they sold you some old tires. I've had good luck with Avon's sport touring tires but they didn't honor their road hazard warranty on a friend's Avon that picked up a nail. Not confident in their customer service.

I just took my Avons off my 06 a couple of months ago and switched to Shinkos. I think I had my Avons for 1 1/2 years. I also noticed some dry wall cracks on the outside of the tires. I had about 6000 miles on them. My bike sat for about 6 months due to a back injury during that time. It was stored inside. I did not replace them because of the cracks it was because they were worn out.

Don't use dish soap to wash something you wax... The only time you should use it is to remove the wax before doing paint correction or when just wanting to start from scratch.

Go buy some decent car wash and you'll be MUCH happier.

Sorry can't help with the tires... I would let Avon know and they may replace them.

Chris

It took almost a week but I finally heard back from Avon and they are gonna replace the tires for me, no questions asked.I'm guessing I'm not the first one to have this problem.

Back