Progressive 440 settings....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbeduckman

Reaction score
Who here is running Progressive 440's? I'm a newbie v-max owner, and mine came with pretty much brand new 440's (stickers are still on them). They were set as soft as they could go, but I figured I'd like them a little stiffer than that. I turned them each 5 full times (1/2 of the range) and they are firm, but not too harsh (I think). I'm 6'3" 250. Just wondering what other's with the same springs are running them at. The bike also has progressive front springs as well....thing turns in pretty well, and doesn't hardly dive at all. I don't know what all the hype about these things not turning well is all about!

Thats a question I'd like to hear answered also. I mostly cruise
so can't answer about the handling . Probably compared to the
newer bike i.e. sport bikes it doesn't handle.

I have a set of 440's that I put on this year and so far I love them over stock and the 412's - I'm 5'10" and weigh 190lbs - riding alone I set the shock at the second notch and riding 2up, they're set up at the 3rd notch - in either setting, I don't bottom out.

The 440's do have notches in the shock tube to help with the settings.

Mike

I ride my 12.5" 440's at two turns when riding solo - I'm 200lbs without gear. When my wife rides with me, I am still trying to find the sweet spot - but, it is somewhere between three and four turns.

I also use new 440s, I'm 6"2 and about 200-210lbs geared up.

So far I've had them set to about 1.5-2 turns in and they're behaving pretty good. Haven't done much 2-up riding since getting divorced..

Latest posts

Back