Question to Hayabusa owners

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
On the weekend I was at an event that the motorcycle manufacturers were at and they were having demo rides. One of the bikes I tried out was the Busa and that thing is smoking! :punk: Who else here has or had one, looking for some feedback on the bike as there is room in the garage for a 3rd bike! :coolgleamA:

A friend here in Ebay just bought one. Man, it's sweet....bulletproof. Just need to change fluids, brake pads, tires. Hi has a 4-1 Yoshi exhaust, lowering links, chrome triples, double bubble screen, power commander USB. He had a different seat....I sat on it and it's very comfy. If I got one, I would need hard bags and probably put bar risers on.

If you want, I can dig out his email address if you want to ask him questions. He has a custom vmax with Mad Max 300 rear wheel conversion kit so he would be able to give you a good comparison of the two bikes.

Mark

On the weekend I was at an event that the motorcycle manufacturers were at and they were having demo rides. One of the bikes I tried out was the Busa and that thing is smoking! :punk: Who else here has or had one, looking for some feedback on the bike as there is room in the garage for a 3rd bike! :coolgleamA:

John Furber was riding one at Thunder after smoking his clutch on his supercharged Vmax.

He loves it!

Of course his has a turbo on it and pushes 300+ rear wheel HP...:whistlin:

A friend here in Ebay just bought one. Man, it's sweet....bulletproof. Just need to change fluids, brake pads, tires. Hi has a 4-1 Yoshi exhaust, lowering links, chrome triples, double bubble screen, power commander USB. He had a different seat....I sat on it and it's very comfy. If I got one, I would need hard bags and probably put bar risers on.

If you want, I can dig out his email address if you want to ask him questions. He has a custom vmax with Mad Max 300 rear wheel conversion kit so he would be able to give you a good comparison of the two bikes.

Mark

I agree I would want a bar riser too. That would put the bars at a nice height

John Furber was riding one at Thunder after smoking his clutch on his supercharged Vmax.

He loves it!

Of course his has a turbo on it and pushes 300+ rear wheel HP...:whistlin:

LOL... wow what a surprise that John has a high HP Busa! LOL:biglaugh: That man sure hates back tires! Did he do the exploding back tire burnout at Thunder?

I agree I would want a bar riser too. That would put the bars at a nice height

LOL... wow what a surprise that John has a high HP Busa! LOL:biglaugh: That man sure hates back tires! Did he do the exploding back tire burnout at Thunder?

Nope! The Richland owners are pricks. This year was the last for the Richland I guess...

I would run the Heli-Bars on the Busa! I run them on my SV and love them.

Buddy of mine has one. risers,lowering links,42 tooth rear sprocket and the
185mph override device
Very fast Very comfortable

tuner

That's 2 people that have mentioned the lowering links. What is the story on them?

It lowers the bike w/o adjusting forks or rear shocks. Not sure how they really work....somehow they are attached near the shock.

Mark

They shorten the distance between the shock and the frame. Thus lowering the bike down without compressing the shock. This way you get a nice low bike and the suspension travel/feel is still the same.

It lowers the bike w/o adjusting forks or rear shocks. Not sure how they really work....somehow they are attached near the shock.

Mark

They shorten the distance between the shock and the frame. Thus lowering the bike down without compressing the shock. This way you get a nice low bike and the suspension travel/feel is still the same.

OK thanks, I've seen similar things on dirt bikes owned by shorties. I found the Busa to be a good ride height, don't know if I'd go that route.

Hey B,

Have you seen the new one?? Just read an article on it in this months Motorcyclist...:thumbs up:

I want one now...:bang head: The tail is a little different looking but the front looks better/updated but the bike overall is VERY much like the current one... It displaces some 1340cc and is said to exceed 190 at the crank!:punk:

Cheers

Hey B,

Have you seen the new one?? Just read an article on it in this months Motorcyclist...:thumbs up:

I want one now...:bang head: The tail is a little different looking but the front looks better/updated but the bike overall is VERY much like the current one... It displaces some 1340cc and is said to exceed 190 at the crank!:punk:

Cheers

Yes, new ones are nice!:drool: I doubt I'd buy a new one, as I rarely buy any vehicle new. However with the new model, there should be hopefully be a nice selection of older models for sale.

Yes, new ones are nice!:drool: I doubt I'd buy a new one, as I rarely buy any vehicle new. However with the new model, there should be hopefully be a nice selection of older models for sale.

I think I am going to sell the Max and get a B-King...:whistlin: :thumbs up:

They are saying it isn't going to be detuned so we are talking 190+ crank HP in a semi-standard bike...:surprise: That's the new Busa II motor in it...:worthy:

I owned an '04 that I did alot of work to before I got this vmax. It kinda spoiled me to other bikes. I love this vmax but it's kinda like going from a Porche to a 1970 Chevelle. I'm going to get another 'busa as soon as I purchase my new house. Don't worry, I'm keeping the vmax, too!

Anyway, feel free to ask any questions, I'm very familiar with the 'busa.

If looking for a busa is there any year to year differences? Also any comments on the turbos out there?

I owned an '04 that I did alot of work to before I got this vmax. It kinda spoiled me to other bikes. I love this vmax but it's kinda like going from a Porche to a 1970 Chevelle. I'm going to get another 'busa as soon as I purchase my new house. Don't worry, I'm keeping the vmax, too!

Anyway, feel free to ask any questions, I'm very familiar with the 'busa.

What are the years that minor/major changes were made, like with the Max it was 93. I know the 99 and maybe 2000s were unrestricted (and came with the 320 km/h speedo :banana:), what were the "upgrade" years for the Busa and do they make much difference? Also what are the "must do" mods (besides the turbo :punk:)? One I've seen mentioned a lot is the double bubble windscreen and the TRE mod, how about a bar riser of some type?

:rocket bike:

What are the years that minor/major changes were made, like with the Max it was 93. I know the 99 and maybe 2000s were unrestricted (and came with the 320 km/h speedo :banana:), what were the "upgrade" years for the Busa and do they make much difference? Also what are the "must do" mods (besides the turbo :punk:)? One I've seen mentioned a lot is the double bubble windscreen and the TRE mod, how about a bar riser of some type?

:rocket bike:

Heli-Bars are a must IMHO...:thumbs up:

Not a whole lot of change from 1999 to 2007 except, like mentioned, the 186mph limiter on the '01 and later models. There are various plug-and-play devices like the TRE or timing retard eliminator that make the bike think it's in 5th gear when it's actually in 6th gear to bypass the limiter. I personally never saw 186mph on mine so I didn't need a device to allow me to hit over 200.

Must do mods? These bikes don't need much to be fast as hell. A good aftermarket full exhaust, airbox mod which is basically cutting the stock airbox to allow more airflow and a dyna programmable ignition mapped for your application will make a world of difference.

Alot of guys add steel braided brake lines to improve braking as well.

As far as turbo kits? There are many out there from mild to wild, I've heard of turbo bikes making over 700hp at the wheel but I can't even imagine that.

The new '08 models, although I'm not in love with the rear end come stock with a selectable CDI box to advance your map according to the riding you'll be doing as well as a larger displacement engine. There are more changes for '08 but I'm not familiar enough to describe them here.

The windscreen is just a preference thing, same with the risers and dog bones. Just an easy way to adjust your riding position to your height or application. You can also adjust the suspension for your weight

Back