Questions about brake upgrade...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mefirst

Reaction score
Gonna do some upgrades to my Max this winter, because the winter up here in Sweden tends to become long, dark and boring, so need projects... Any way...

I bought a set of 1995 FZR1000 6-pot front calipers. They are rebuilt and painted gold. Bike is black. So to keep this Black-Gold colouring theme I was thinking about adding the Gold-Dot brake caliper in the rear and try to find brake discs that also have some gold colour...

Well on to my questions...

1. From what bike and what yearmodel can i get the Gold-Dot calipers?

2. Do I need a adaptor or will the caliper be "Plug&Play" in the rear?

3. If it needs an adaptor -Where can I find one?

4. About the rotors.. Ive been looking at these type of Ebay China sets. Any one use these, how is the quality?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Set-F-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ce038026b&vxp=mtr

Thank You :punk:

/Tom

I've got a set of gold dots I just pulled last night. I think when I searched I looked for 00-03 r1 brakes. I know they were on the r6 one year, though, too. It will need an adapter. Look on Vmaxchat.co.uk

Another question to the guys using the FZR 6-pot front calipers..

-What brake pads are you guys using?

/Tom

I sell the Galfer pads for the 6 pistons (only one kind available).
The gold dot are aluminum piston low friction coated and only came on the "limited edition" calipers.

Back