Questions for those with Eastern Beaver Headlight relays???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82ndCowboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have gone through my fourth headlight bulb with the Eastern Beaver relay harness.
9 months ago I put in the headlight relay and a Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulb. I have since gone through 3 more bulbs since.
It only burns out the High Beam side of the bulb, the low beam are fine.

So my questions are...
How long have you had the Eastern Beaver Relay harness?
What headlight bulb are you using?
How long has your bulb lasted?
By chance, do you know what you are getting for volts at the bulb socket?

I'm thinking it's gotta be a bad relay harness, because the high beam is only lasting about 2-3 months. I got 3 years out of my stock bulb before I put the harness in, and that bulb was still good.

I've only had mine in since the middle of August, and the last month it has been hit or miss if I can ride due to the weather. I too have been running a silverstar that I had for 2 riding seasons now. My season are much shorter than yours at 5-6 months normally. I would say I have close to 14K miles with the bulb in it, 2.5K miles with the EB realy kit in. It still bright as ever although I have taken to riding on low beams now b/c of a few oncoming cars flashing their lights at me during the day! :punk:

Thanks Guys...
I'm going to check the voltage this weekend and then contact Eastern Beaver and see what they say.
I'm going to ask for a replacement harness, cause this is getting ridiculous. I've gone through more bulbs than oil changes.

I can't see how the addition of the relay would cause the bulbs to blow. I would take a look at other potentials such as a VR that is putting out too much voltage.

Latest posts

Back