Quick little engine cylinder detail mod..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dezeez

Reaction score
Too hot to ride this afternoon so I thought I share a couple of little things I did to the max.

The first post is for the cylinder plates. I wanted a bit more detail on the engine but all of the aftermarket plates were a little gaudy for me so I modified my own. First, I checked to make sure the plates were cheap enough that if I screwed one up, it wouldn't be too much to replace (They weren't, $15).

I just taped them off and sanded. Pretty simple and I thought it to be a nice little finishing touch on the engine.

Attachments

• IMG_1475.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1476.JPG
    IMG_1476.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1477.JPG
    IMG_1477.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_1482.JPG
    IMG_1482.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 184
hi dezeez thats a great cheap and cheerfull wee mod i have done this to mine now and it looks great , i also have sanded the ridges on the side panals and that stands out great on the black pait i just need to seal the pannals with clearcoat to keep the shine

thanks for the idea

any more idaes that dont cost much would help

johnboy

hi dezeez thats a great cheap and cheerfull wee mod i have done this to mine now and it looks great , i also have sanded the ridges on the side panals and that stands out great on the black pait i just need to seal the pannals with clearcoat to keep the shine

thanks for the idea

any more idaes that dont cost much would help

johnboy

How about a picture?

i would put one on here but i can not work out how to sorry for being dumb but as soon as i work it out then i will post pics of my vmax trike

thanks for waiting

johnboy

i see said the blind man how easy was that doh!!!

hope they look ok now
thanks again johnboy

Attachments

• S1050635.jpg
    S1050635.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 117
  • S1050636.jpg
    S1050636.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 92
  • S1050637.jpg
    S1050637.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 90
That's a pretty wild ride you have there Johnboy. Do you build that yourself?

If you only took the paint off of the side panel ridges, I don't think you have to clear coat. The side panels are anodized if I'm not mistaken.

i bought the 2006 vmax and had it converted to my spec , as i am a below knee amputee right leg , i have always wanted a max since they came out in 1985 and at last here it is , i spent so much getting it triked that any cheap or free mods are the best way to go for the mo

johnboy

There's a thread on the forum to introduce yourself. You should post a picture of the bike so everyone can see it. Don't forget about listing it in the Garage, too.

I've seen pictures of a couple of Vmax trikes and yours is a great looking bike.

thanks for the praise , i am thinking of changing the tank cover to a sports bike tank but trying to get a tank to fit is a wee problem as i will need to move the clock pod , i have the 20 ltr tank under the seat and i dont like the top tank , i just want to find out what may fit and try it , as the cost of fuel over here is so bad , when i am on the boost ( whitch is most of the time) i get about 100 miles to the 20 ltrs and i just want more range

sorry to go on but any help and fitting ideas would be great
johnboy

Back