r1 regulator mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new regulator installed (R1 "upgrade"). checked voltage at 4000 rpm......eureka!!!! 14.22 volts at battery terminals. th th th thats all folks..........

new regulator installed (R1 "upgrade"). checked voltage at 4000 rpm......eureka!!!! 14.22 volts at battery terminals. th th th thats all folks..........

:thumbs up: The R1 R/R are great! I was surprised at the reading I got at the battery too.

thanks for postin the pix 626. yes, after much frustration i did the electrosport troubleshooting. i found that my previous "upgrade" (I used a '97 regulator to replace a previously fried OEM unit) was toast. it had an output of less than 4 volts. i checked the stator and it put out 72 VAC at just under 5000 RPM, a good number indeed. so i ordered a new R1 and will be installing it in the next few days. thanks for all your help!!!!
It makes me feel good inside when I can help someone out.:biglaugh::biglaugh:
It`s one of the best mods that you can do for your bike and it will definately thank you for it.
<<Dave>>:eusa_dance:

Comparing an R1 to late model is like comparing a late model to an early model. I would find an R1, ZX 10R or 12R unit.

Do you need the wiring/connectors from the R1 regulator or will the Vmax wiring/connectors work? I understand having to up gauge on the wiring but didn't know if the connectors are the same. I can pick a couple of different R1 regulators but none come with the wiring.

i think most guys are getting corresponding size spade connectors and heat shrink and just plugging them into the pins on the reg. all the mods i've done on the bike and i still havent gotten to this yet. course i have never had a weak/dead battery or a hot start problem with the 97 since i bought it in 2000!

later odieoh24

Latest posts

Back