R1 wheels on v max chaindrive

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainednitromaxx

Reaction score
I am in the process of changing over to R1 yr 04 thru 06 rims on my max. I got a problem and need some ideas, the rear rim is sitting about 1/4 to 3/8 inch off center to right facing rear of bike. There is no spacers i can remove and looks like i will have to do some machining to the crusher hub internal to get it to come over. This would also mean i have to shave the rubber pieces as well??????????????:ummm: the sprocket in dead on just rim over to much. Any input, i was hoping this go much smother.

Can you machine enough off of the spacer with the dust seal and then machine the sprocket register on the cush drive hub? The sprocket studs may get close to the swing arm though.

The R1 Wheels are some of the widest made. If you are dead set on using them then you will need to narrow up some of the parts as you already noted. You may be able to machine down the sprocket hub or drive side of the wheel.

See if you can post any pics.

Another alternative is offsetting the swingarm but that also requires weld work.

Sean

Back