Raats Vmax Motoren

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxinID

Reaction score
I am in the process of ordering some pivot pins for my swingarm.
I have pasted some of what Raats Vmax Motoren asked me.

Raats Motoren Son
Handelsweg 2b
5492 NL Nijnsel
The Netherlands

By the way, we are looking for an agent in the States.
Perhaps one of your Vmax companions is interested.
I will hear from you.

Regards Ray
Raats Vmax Motoren
http://www.v-max.nl/

Forward this to anyone that might be interested.

"On the left are the original pivot pins and on the right modified stainless steel ones. These pins are delivered by Henny Raats. The modified pins fit precisely in the bearings. By this modification , the free play of the pins reduced to almost zero. And by this the cornering of the bike will improve."

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    364.8 KB · Views: 24
Thanks man! I went to the website and couldn't find the swingarm pivots.

How much are they?

Mark

I feel the stock pins are fine if properly adjusted.Ever heard the old vmax guys call something snakeoil?

What's involved in adjusting them? Just torque?

Mark

I love Mods and upgrades but in this case I have to agree with Shawn. I bought a similar item from F Maerz/Boxenstopp and when I tried to install it, it would not fit in the bearing. I finally took a new bearing and tried to hammer it in and it still would'nt go in all the way. There is already very little play with stock set-up and a properly adjusted stock set up is fine. You can buy sealed bearings instead of open ones to try and maintain the bearing grease though.

I adjusted mine while replacing the bearings.Up on the center stand its very easy to check for side play.Grab the wheel and try to wiggle it back and forth.Adjust it till it stops.Lock it down.

Unfortuantely I don't have it available (I would have to remove SA to check). I also got them from F. Maerz through Boxenstopp. You can look in the F maerz catalog on line for the part and then ask Boxenstopp for the KOYO bearing number or give the stock bearing number to a bearing supplier and just tell them you want the sealed version.

I replaced all my bearings with Timkens,I also had them out and it was easy to cross over.

Latest posts

Back