radiator shrouds

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodgediesel59

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you know a source for the chrome radiator shrouds on the sides. I hate the way the plastic ones look and would like to get rid of them.

If you don't find ones that feed your need, don't give up on your stockers.
I just filled and primered mine, and will paint later on this week. so far they are looking pretty nice. I'll post some pics tomorrow night. I'm sanding them now and will shoot some color later on tonight and then the candy red tomorrow morning. I think you'll like the way the stockers turn out when the reflectors is pulled and filled, then colored.

Thats not a bad idea, next time im looking at it I will think on that. To me though they just look ugly the way they are and that plastic does not weather very well after 27 years let me tell ya. I got plenty of time to figure it out though, still working on getting the new chain drive engine together.

Sorry I didn't post earlier, I got tied up with school and other side projects.

What I did was:
  • remove the reflective strip
  • Fill the space with hot glue and let sit.
  • smoothed it out with body filler.
  • Primed, and painted to match the rest of the bodywork on my bike.

radcover2.jpg

That Does look pretty cool, I might think about doing that but removing the spot for the reflector all together.

Back