Raditor fan switch question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Hi All,
I know there is a thread about a fan switch installation but I think my question got lose in the thread so I am starting my own.

I wold like to do the mod that adds a toggle switch so you can turn your fan on at anytime and I would like to wire it so it turns off when I turn the ignition.

Does anyone have the steps to do this, pictures would be great too

Thanks
Ron

Ron, there are two sending units under the right scoop. One is a single wire bullet type connector. This goes to the meter. The other is a 2 prong spade connector. Get yourself 2 sections of wire long enough to go from there to where ever you want to mount your switch (I like right below the key in that plastic neck part). Run one section of wire from one side of the switch to one side of the connector (I use a male spade connector and push/wedge it into the back of the connector on top of the current one). You can also strip and solder in line if you want.

Then repeat for the other wire to the other sides of the switch and connector. Simple, easy, shuts off with the key if you forget.

Sean

Back