Rally in the Ozarks june 25th & 26th

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

train460

Reaction score
It's getting close ladies. less than a month away so get your reservations in and let's ride.
If there ever was a rally that will clear the carbon off the plugs this is the one you want to make.
Also will take off those pesky chicken strips.
Yeah we sit around a drink a couple afterwords, tell a few lies etc but this rally is all about the ROADS.
Every year after the saturday ride i have at least one or two people come up to me and say "WOW"
Best roads they have ever been on. Running them at a rather "brisk" pace makes it that more fun.
Really, you guys need to make this rally. Once you do you will be back again every year.

here is a link to some pics over the past few years
http://community.webshots.com/user/train460

if i did that right.

anyway hit me up if you need more info.
hope to see ya there.
Michael Hansen
South Central Regional Director

Rally in the Ozarks

June 25th & 26th
Edelweiss inn
2066 East Van Buren
Eureka Springs, AR 72632-8807
(479) 253-7316
http://www.edelweissinn.com/

Woo hoo! Toot, toot. Beep beep. Make way. Shala and I are almost there already. In fact, we'll be down there this weekend testing some of those roads.

Do you have a specific road map lined out for this year's adventure, Michael?

I'll be there! Not sure what I am bringing just yet but should have the 1300 test bike, the 1029cc Fazer, and Probably Kevin and Shannons bikes.

Sean

Might I suggest for a day long trip:

pick up hwy 14 up near Missouri,

follow it all the way down to 341, Push Mountain Road

re ride PMR south, take 14 back easterly to 27

take 27 through Marshall to 16 at Tilly

take 16 to the junction at Pelsor 16/7/123

from Pelsor, you can get back to Eureka many ways.

I prefer to ride 123 south all the way to I40 and then head back up 21

but you can take 7/16 north to where 16 splits off to the left, then take 21 through Boxley and Kingston

Again, this is an ALL day ride, a little over 400 miles, and watch your gas!

This is my favorite ride in the area, and if you do it on a weekday, there will be very little traffic when you are away from the towns.

Those are some purty roads over in that part of AR., ZRX. It makes no difference to me where we go. I'm starting out with a full tank of gas and FOLLOWING whoever is in front of me.

Last edited:
Did anyone every hear from the guy (Mark?) who had the highside error before lunch last year and buggered his knee? I was just wondering if he still rode a Vmax or not.

I have not. Figured his wife would make him ditch the bike. Hope not, always been a good guy.

Sean

On a side not. The rooms being held for us at the Edelweiss will be released after THIS friday the 28th. so after that crap shoot on if there will be any rooms there. many hotels near by but last year the Edelweiss was full and a few had to stay elsewhere.

On a side not. The rooms being held for us at the Edelweiss will be released after THIS friday the 28th. so after that crap shoot on if there will be any rooms there. many hotels near by but last year the Edelweiss was full and a few had to stay elsewhere.

As usual when we visit Eureka Springs on an overnighter, we will have the RV set up out at KOA. IF anyone gets in a pinch and don't make the hotel, we could roll out the spare bunks in the back - IF YOU DON"T MIND THE LOUD NOISES COMING FROM THE FRONT OF THE RV. :rofl_200:

Of course, that would only work IF you don't plan on drinking too much at the hotel before turning in for the night, cause you have to make it to the KOA safely as riding and drinking never mix.

Possible Saturday ride Routes.

look over on a map and give thoughts

Eureka Springs Saturday Ride
Long Ride
23 south thru Huntsville to 16 LEFT (east)
16 to 21 RIGHT (south)
21 to Tate Hwy 292 LEFT (east)
292 onto 123/164 STRAIGHT (east)
123 North at Hagarville
123 north to 123/16/7 LEFT (north)
Stay on 123 to the RIGHT
123 North Thru Mt Judea onto 123/74 (north)
123 to 74 LEFT (west) at country store
74 to CR 46 LEFT (south) MAYBE 1 MILE AFTER CR 84 ON RIGHT
46 to HWY 7 LEFT (south) at CliffHouse for Lunch
7 north into Jasper to 74 LEFT (west)
74 to 43 LEFT (south)
43 to 21 RIGHT (NW)
21 into Kingston Right, still 21
21 to HWY 412 RIGHT for MAYBE half mile then North still 21
21 into Berryville to 62 LEFT (west) MAYBE half Mile to W CHURCH AVE LEFT
W Church maybe ? mile to McKennon/221 LEFT (south)
221 south to CR 302 RIGHT (north)
302 to 62 Right @ Eureka Springs.

Eureka Springs Saturday Ride (shorter)

23 south thru Huntsville to 74 LEFT (east)
74 to 21 RIGHT (east) @ Kingston
21 east/south to 16 LEFT (east) @ Edwards Junction
16 south/east thru DEER to 7/16 RIGHT (south)
7/16 south to 123 LEFT (NE)
123 North thru Mt Judea to 123/74
123/74 NW 74 LEFT (west) @ Country Store
74 to CR 46 LEFT (south) about ? mile after CR 84 on Right
CR 46 to 7 RIGHT (south) @ CliffHouse for Lunch
7 north to 74 LEFT (west @ Jasper)
74 west to 43 LEFT (south)
43 south to 21 RIGHT (NW)
21 (NW) to Kingston RIGHT Still 21
21 to HWY 412 RIGHT for MAYBE half mile then North still 21
21 into Berryville to 62 LEFT (west) MAYBE half Mile to W CHURCH AVE LEFT
W Church maybe ? mile to McKennon/221 LEFT (south)
221 south to CR 302 RIGHT (north)
302 to 62 Right @ Eureka Springs.

Also leaving the cliffhouse there are several shorter options.
I REALLY would like to stop by the River again like we did last year for some pics if anyone remembers where it was at.

Thoughts on the Route?

I REALLY would like to stop by the River again like we did last year for some pics if anyone remembers where it was at.

Thoughts on the Route?

That river access point wouldn't have been right around the corner (south) of the junction of 74 & 327, would it? It seems it wasn't very far after we left the Cliff House and got back on 74 that we stopped off and got the gravel side road leading under the bridge.

It's either there, or right at the junction of hwy 7 and 74.

Basicly, what I'm saying is that I was following you, and had no idea, at the time, where I was and having so much fun, I didn't care where we were. :clapping:

Y'all are breaking my heart!
If I remember your pictures right, it looked like Tyler Bend access to me.

How much is the KOA. I may talk the other half into taking the little teardrop up there and meeting up even if I don't have a bike.

We are there a lot and we have a KOA value card. They give us at least 10% off for having the card, but I believe they knock off a couple more bucks cause we're regulars. So I'm not right sure what it costs us to park the big RV. I believe it to be around $35.00 per night for us and full hookups.

It would be lower for a couple tenters, and it would be higher if you reserved one of their camping cabins. KOA.com for reservations and regular pricing says $20.00/night for tents NO ELECTRIC, and $22.00/night with electricity.

Or contact them directly
[email protected]
479-253-8036

Thanks. Most places let me park the little teardrop trailer in the tent area. I'll have to verify with KOA though. I've never camped at one before.

this will be my first year to make this rally:eusa_dance: is Friday just an arival day or do we need to be ariving Thursday night:ummm: Probably will be sleepin on the ground but plan to be there:rofl_200:

this will be my first year to make this rally:eusa_dance: is Friday just an arival day or do we need to be ariving Thursday night:ummm: Probably will be sleepin on the ground but plan to be there:rofl_200:
there will be quite a few peeps there thursday evening if not before that.
Several of us use friday as a slow site-seeing time. maybe a nice cruise around beaver damn, etc. maybe have dinner in town etc. If possible i would show up thursday and just be a tourist. get on the trolly and site-see or ride the bike.
Hit us up thursday evening at the hotel .
michael

We will be there sometime Friday afternoon (maybe early evening). Save a spot for our big truck and trailer Mike!

Hey Mike (and everybody else). They have one more room left (not in the block of rooms they had set aside for the VMOA) so I need to check the other options. They said there was a hotel right next door which was the "Trails in". Does that sound right? Doesn't seem to be the one we stayed at before?

Just reserved a couple of rooms (for our group) next door at the Trails in. They said they have some more rooms available as needed too. 1800-862-4691

Back