Rally in the Ozarks update

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

train460

Reaction score
The Eldeweiss will be releasing any un booked rooms on April 15 so call and get yours so you will be with the main group in regards to lodgings.
You know you want to go dammit. Make sure your tires are fresh.
Ask Hatter about why:)
See the thread about 2012 south central rally schedule for more info.
Michael hansen

Is this for the Lake of the Ozarks rally Sept 13-16th? Went last year, and although it rained damn near everyday it was a blast! I'm in for this year. Keep us posted on the details.

Only a few weeks away. Hope you guys are gonna make the rally with a great ride scheduled for both friday Compliments of Jim F and a ride saturday.
I sure would make sure your tires are good cuz they will be losing some tread that weekend.
Michael

What time would people be leaving Fri AM to go down to War Eagle Mill for the breakfast ride?

I am planning a Friday 11AM departure to lead the lunch ride over to Noel, MO. Wanna make sure everybody has a chance to get back up to Eureka before leaving, so could postone another 30 min or so, and take a late lunch --- only about 75 miles to Noel, and at Vmax speed, that'll work easily. In fact, I would like to make the Fri breakfast run myself this year as well - I likes to eat!

I'm leaving out of TEXAS around 4a.m. and should get Ak. around 11a.m.. I hope!! My buddy on his Hardley is comin' with, so may slow me down some.. :biglaugh:

BUT, he does know the way there..:whistlin: that will save some time as well..

Will see..

How many from here r going :ummm:

I'm leaving out of TEXAS around 4a.m. and should get Ak. around 11a.m.. I hope!! My buddy on his Hardley is comin' with, so may slow me down some.. :biglaugh:

BUT, he does know the way there..:whistlin: that will save some time as well..

Will see..

How many from here r going :ummm:

Ted, I'm bummed. I thought you were coming up to AR. :ummm: Now you decide to go to Alaska instead? Hope it wasn't something I said. :rofl_200:

On second thought: TX to AK in only 6hrs - You goin' to be flyin' boy!!!! :worthy: :worthy: No way on earth the HD friend is going to keep up with you.....................

I looked around and didn't see a schedule for this event, did I miss it somewhere. I will probably come up for the Saturday ride but not sure where and when to meet.

Also, as point of interest, I heard that the stretch of 62 from the Rogers, AR area to the Eureka Springs area had some sort of coating or repairs made to it that made it a little slicker than it looks. I know at the last Bike, Blues and BBQ rally they were warning folks to be extra careful as 3 or 4 bikes went down on this nice little stretch of road. Dunno, just FWIW...

Rally In the Ozarks
May 18th & 19th
Based in Eureka Springs Arkansas
The Eldeweiss inn
www.edelweissinn.com/
800-870-2529 or 479-253-7316

They are holding all the rooms in the front for us until about april or so, so call as soon as you can. i think there are about 15 rooms up front.
You MUST mention the V-max group or VMOA and mention my name to get one of the held rooms.

The guys from BBBQ were probably referring to the 2-3 miles worth of deep, rich black snakes some idiots from AR DOT laid down a year of so back just west of Eureka Springs. Workers, IMO, didn't have their tar heated enough to pour into cracks to begin with, but did it anyway, and added insult to stupidity by applying the way too much tar also. The result is big, thick tar strips that are not embedded properly into the cracks they are supposed to be filling. They are slippery, and can even shoot out from the crack as you are leaning on them in the corners. They can be a real beotch. I think they have settled somewhat since last years' ride, but still well worthy of noting.

That sounds like what I heard, overzealous/incompetent pavement crack patches.

As far as the Rally, is there a schedule of events which has been circulated? I saw something about a Friday ride, but hadn't heard the plan for Saturday. I assume everyone is just meeting up at the Edelweiss first thing?

I guess there's no actual schedule of events, but Mike normally gets us outta the parking lot by 9'ish on Sat morning. Most everyone is standing around shooting the bs long before that time though. I have so much fun on this ride, it's hard not to leave the campground to head for the motel before 5, when I first wake......exciting for me...

I think someone has mentioned riding down on Fri morning to the War Eagle Mill for breakfast. Not sure what time kickstands up for that one. I didn't go last yr., but will try to hook up for it this year. It's only 20 odd miles down there, and anyone going should have plenty of time to get back for the lunch ride I'm supposed to head up at around 11am.

I'll be there late Friday again with my Daughter this year. We are planning to ride again. This is her first big ride so not sure how we'll do (I am sure we'll be burning up the roads lol).

Sean

What Jim said.
We also will try to make the friday breakfast ride.
Saturday will be 9am departure time from the eldeweiss.
We may have 2 seperate groups making the same route from opposite ends.
Smaller is better.
Its hard to keep people together and focused when you have 40 bikes
Michael

Hey sean i am gonna bring those carbs with along with some other stuff i am wanting to get rod of if you are interested. Complete swingarm, pumpkin.

I'll be riding so no way to get them back home. We'll have to ship anything we work out.

We can't make it this year. Way too much to do since
our daughter is graduating. Ride safe & enjoy. See you next year!

If there is any interest, I will be bringing some Gen 1 DD Clutch Spring Retainers to Eureka Springs nexxt week.

rick rash

Sounds good rick. We can always have a swap meet also:)
Verne made some serious bucks a couple years ago selling off his older stuff.
Michael

We can't make it this year. Way too much to do since
our daughter is graduating. Ride safe & enjoy. See you next year!

Well, this is bummer news. You (and your purdy Vmax) will be missed. Have fun with the graduation ceremonies etc..

I'll be riding so no way to get them back home. We'll have to ship anything we work out.

Hey sean i am gonna bring those carbs with along with some other stuff i am wanting to get rod of if you are interested. Complete swingarm, pumpkin.

I could take this stuff back to Neosho with me. That'd put it all within 200 miles of Sean - lots closer than it all being in S. TX. We could figure out a way to get it all on over to Wichita sometime, not to distant. If nothing else, Shala and I are planning on going to the Topeka dyno event in June, and could bring it on up there to hand off to you Sean.

Latest posts

Back