Ran the bike, SAR last friday

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmtruc

Reaction score
I went out there with no intentions on running the bike, but after sitting around a while and racing the trucks, I decided to run just one time.

I was hoping for a high 12sec being that I've never ran the bike and wasn't sure how it launched.

But, it ran a lot quicker, with a soft launch and a small wheelie, with a kind of slow 1.9 60', I ran a 12.11 at 112mph.
I think leaning forward more, bracing myselft and launching a little more aggressive, it's goot for a 11.8-9.

No issues with traction either, it was bike night at SAR and the track was prepped very well!

I'll try it again soon.

later,
allen

I went out there with no intentions on running the bike, but after sitting around a while and racing the trucks, I decided to run just one time.

I was hoping for a high 12sec being that I've never ran the bike and wasn't sure how it launched.

But, it ran a lot quicker, with a soft launch and a small wheelie, with a kind of slow 1.9 60', I ran a 12.11 at 112mph.
I think leaning forward more, bracing myself and launching a little more aggressive, it's good for a 11.8-9.

No issues with traction either, it was bike night at SAR and the track was prepped very well!

I'll try it again soon.

later,
allen

That's awesome! I haven't gotten the courage to get my max on the track. I have a lot invested in it and hate to mess it up on the track.

Putting your feet on the pegs right after launch takes forward motion away. Your best bet is to let them drag as long as you can then lift to shift. I'm sure it's a lot easier with an air shifter...:coolgleamA:

If it's not raining this week, we'll head back out there.

All those mods and no track time LOL. I'm sure you run it harder on the street than you will the track. I say go for it and get us some track times! I bet it moves pretty good.

That's almost exactly the times you are going to get with that MPH (which is the best indicator of potential).

Here's a good link to show you approx what kind of time you can get for a given trap speed. http://members.tripod.com/fast_wheels/1-4speed.htm

You can probably get it a little faster by getting your 60 foot down but without the MPH you won't get a lot faster.

I've seen far worse with experienced guys that have a lot more trap speed so it was a good pass for you.

The last virtually stock Vmax I took down the track ran 11.40's with 116-117 mph. I needed to get a new rear tire as it wasn't hooking as well as it should have.

Sean Morley

Sean Morley

I guess I'll take it down to Houston and run it, I always run a tenth or two quicker down there.

I wonder if these engines break in and get faster like the auto's I work on? I had about 600miles on it at the time.

btw, I was shifting it around 10,500 or so rpms.

ran a stock 1150e suzuki back in 85 86...really had no idea about drag racing..on a good night would run 11.2........120 121 mph...other nights around 11.8....115 118 mph..i believe the 1150 e was rated at 101 hp and was probably 100 pounds lighter then the vmax....remember giving a vmax a go in the street from a rolling first gear start....he had a 1/2 bike lead through all five gears

Good info to know.

That's kind of like my Avalanche, we call it Dragalanche, it's heavy and give it a rolling start and it's gone, it's hell getting it off the line, it has a turbo, stall, cam, 80e, etc, runs a 12.9 lol, but is a lot faster on the street from a roll.

I have yet to get mine to the track. I'm thinking the Dyna 3000 is in the cards for me before I do though. I don't need to over rev the bike, and I would like to bump the timing and possibly hit the 130rwhp mark with the bike. Perhaps a 10 second slip is in my bag?

Back